AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heaters, Heaters, Heaters ...

Default Heaters, Heaters, Heaters ...

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shoppin...%5F16557.shtml

Currently I have that heater and I think it's starting to fail. I came home yesterday and the tamp temp on my digi meter said 84 degree's. I keep the tank at 86 and have for the past 2 weeks that I have had the discus. I turned up the knob a bit and monitored it throughout the afternoon yesterday and it appeared to be ok. I came home again today and yet again 84 degree's with it set higher. I'm open to all suggestions on which heater to get for my 40 gallon and what wattage you guys think, such as maybe buy 2 for the 40 gallon etc etc.

My real requirement this time is a fully submersible heater. I didn't notice that this was a non submersible till a few days after I had gotten it, luckily I never fully submersed it.

Currently searching the forums for heater info.

Something I can get at perhaps petsmart, petco or I can always call a few local lfs's to see if they have what I need.

TIA

Default Re:Heaters, Heaters, Heaters ...

Appears like everyone is pro Via Aqua Titanium

Via Aqua heaters come with an external temperature control, stainless steel heat probe, waterproof double insulation, indicator light for on and off cycle and is submersible

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I personally like the titanium heaters better. It is always better to have at least one back up heater handy. You never know when you will need it.

[quote author=Jeff link=board=1;threadid=6826;start=0#73086 date=1044486066]
    I personally like the titanium heaters better. It is always better to have at least one back up heater handy. You never know when you will need it.
    [/quote]

Should I drive to Long Beach and pick one up from you Traffic will sure be hell if I didn't leave right now.

timiddiscus,
    I use the same heaters as Jeff does. By the way he is where I buy them. It is always a good idea to have back ups. I trust them so much that I have two. LOL
    I sure miss the ole green ebo's.

Miles

Who likes the tronic heaters by hagen?

I still use Ebos. I have found that in most cases, the 250 watt Ebos are the ones with the problem. I have two of them that do not work right -- one was dead out of the box, the other doesn't heat to the right temperature. However, I use 200, 150, and 100 watt Ebos and they all work fine, plus or minus a few degrees. I have yet to try the titanium ones. JMO ;D

Ryan

elimon

Try this link, the guy is a member here!

http://www.aquacave.com/FreePage11.htm

Efren ;D

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

I've had good luck with the tronics, but would like to try one of the via aquas next

Thanks for all the info everyone! Nice quick answers just like I like.

Registered Member

In the instructions (correct me i I am wrong) but the tronics also say it should not be totally submerged in water. I have done it on many occasions without a problem. I think heater manufacturers do that to save themselves from lawsuits. That said I am not sure if glass heaters are better insulated than stainless steel or titanium heaters.

The Via Aqua Stainless Steel (where do you guys get the Titanium name from? ???) is totally submersible and I would regard them highly as heater of choice...

Chong

Registered Member

Used ebos for years until i got plenty of bad ones, i still have some old greens ones that work like brand new, but will never buy another because of the newest ones. I now use visitherms and am very happy with them.

Ken

Registered Member

Though there have been some bad ones that made it into customer hands in the recent past I would still recommend Ebo Jagers. I recently tried the Rena Cal and it works fine but it is obviously not as well built as the Ebo's though it is slightly more expensive?

As cheap as industrial temperature controllers are getting, in a few years you could afford to build a control panel and have thermocouple probes in each tank with flashing lights or alarms going off for hi/lo alarms for about $150 per tank - or per system if you are running a central filtration setup.

TC

Registered Member

I like the the Via Aqua titanium 300w I have now, it works pretty well and I have no complaints. Here is a thread that may help you out.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=6183

Peace

Rob ;D

TIA,

Just don't wait until 5:00 to leave. Like miles said trust no heater. Have a back up plan. 8)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast