ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: fancy temp controller

Registered Member

Default fancy temp controller

I hope this is the right forum for this question. If not, you mods feel free to move this.

Okay, after very disappointing experience with ebo-jagers, via-aquas, and so on, I'm thinking about springing for one of these 'spensive heater/controllers setups. Anyone tried 'em?

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/HARD...ontroller.html

I've bought lots of stuff from John at Jehmco before, and I've got nothing but good things to say about his service, but I'm wondering about the product itself. Anyone got feedback on these?

scott

Default Re:fancy temp controller

Got it, tried it, works good. Its on my holding tanks Scott. ;D

i purchased the jalli temp controller and titanium heaters through aquatic ecosystems.

i'm perfectly happy with the temp controller but have had 2 defective heaters. the 3rd seems to be working fine.

check them out at
    www.aquaticecosystems.com

ps: aquaticecosystems has awesome customer service!!! they are top notch and i would gladly buy more from them, even past warrenty date they replaced the bad heaters with pretty much no questions ask, they shipped a new one out right away!!

I had the same problems with my Jalli heaters and that is why I switched to the Jhemco ones.

Registered Member

Scott,
    The controllers and heaters from Jehmco are top of the line. Once they are dialed (temp. setting) in you will never need to adjust them again.

Up until a couple of months ago, I had nothing but good things to say about the Jehmco Heater Controller. I've got the one with two 500 watt Titanium Rods hardwired onto it for a thousand watts total.
    But right now, it's at John's (Jehmco) because it wasn't working (almost fried my fish, then had a plasticy, burning smell), and he's telling me there is water damage on my unit, though it's never been touched with any sort of water. He said he's going to send the circuit board back to the company with some others he's had a problem with, but he wouldn't cover it under warranty. He was much less helpful than I had hoped.
    So I'm not telling you to not buy them, but maybe waterproof the box somehow. If I do get this $130 heater fixed (actually, more like $195 heater if I have to buy another temp controller), I don't know what I'm going to do differently (other than looking for some sort of waterproof housing), since it's going right back onto the same tank, I bought it for.
    Lance

Registered Member

Thanks for everyone's feedback on their experiences. You've made it easier to make an informed purchase.

scott