AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Looking for Biospira

Registered Member Uncle Raymond's Avatar
    Real Name
    Raymond

Default Looking for Biospira

Trying to build up my good bacteria after settling in my new tank... Heard many positive issues using a product called biospira... Have checked a couple of aquarium product websites but cannot find this product. Does anyone know where I can find this product??

Default Re:Looking for Biospira

Photosynthetic Aquatics
    1413 Elkins Avenue
    Levittown, PA 19057
    photosyntheticaquatics.com

I bought some from these folks and they were great to deal with. Good prices and reasonable shipping. Susan

Registered Member

Try pet's mart......

Kevin

I placed an order for some bio spira from www.fishstoretn.com Thursday, it came in the mail this morning. (Monday)
    It remains to be seen if it does any good or not, but the service was great, and it was packed with an ice/gel pack, wrapped in aluminum foil, inside a heavy plastic bag, then the whole thing was wrapped in that blue and white floss stuff.
    I will do business with them again!
    I will also report my findings on the bio spira.

Registered Member

same here i am not sure if it's working yet but i did detect some ammonia readings in the water after two days in the tank ammonia still remains at the same level and today is the 9 day no nitrite no nitrates so we will see ......

I have purchased bio spira from bernie 3 times at www.fishstoretn.com and have had excellent results. You will be amazed with this stuff! My last experience was when I killed my bio filter in my 100 gal. oscar/jack dempsey tank. I had to drain the tank and refill it because the water was so foul. I moved the fish to a temporary 55 gal. and waited for my bio spira to arrive. I put the bio spira in, and immediately added the fish. I never had an ammonia reading, and showed nitrates within 24 hours! That was 8 months ago. My tank is still beautiful! Bernie's supply is very fresh. He usually doesn't have any bio spira more than 2 weeks. He sells a lot of it. Please let him know if your bio spira does not work. He will take care of you! By the way, Bernie's store is where we had "the gathering" on 1/31/04. It was a lot of fun!

WOW!!! The ammonia yesterday evening read 0, nitrites 0. After adding two 1 oz. doses to my 75 (the recommended dose is 1oz per 30 gal, so I didn't add enough according to the instructions!), that has had high readings on both ammonia, and nitrite, for the three weeks its been "cycling"! I am sold on this stuff, gonna get more soon as I get my 60, and two 29's set up and running. Worth the $$$$ in my opinion.
    Now, I'm ready to start stocking.