PDA

View Full Version : New spam controls

pcsb23
10-16-2012, 08:17 AM
We have just implemented a new spam control to help deal with the increasing levels of spam we have been experiencing. Hopefully it will stop spammers from registering but like all automated systems some will still get by. However it is a learning system so as those that get by get dealt with it should reduce even further.

This system will also check as posts are made and if it determines something is spam like it will place that post or thread into moderation, which will mean that a mod or admin will have to manually check it and approve or other wise. These moderated posts will not be visible on open forum until they have been approved. If one of you posts do disappear and you feel you are not spamming please drop the mods or admins a pm and we will do our best to deal with it as soon as possible.

It is unlikely that the new product will cause too many issues but these days forum software is quite complex so please report any odd behaviour you may expereince too.

nwehrman
10-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Sounds very helpful! Thank You!

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poco
10-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Great no more spam reporting :D

Thanks All.

rdiscus
10-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Need to check only new members (low number post count)

Sanke
05-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Hmmm

yim11
05-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Hmmm

This is a good example of a spammer trying to hit that 10 post count to post a link to whatever BS they are getting paid to promote. Look at the post history for this member, one word replies on random posts.

Larry, when it happens don't just delete the link like last time, go full ban! LOL ;)

pcsb23
05-28-2014, 01:27 AM
Jim, rather than post about it, it is much better to hit the report post button (the triangle with the ! in it) and let the team know about it. We are aware of this user ...

yim11
05-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Jim, rather than post about it, it is much better to hit the report post button (the triangle with the ! in it) and let the team know about it. We are aware of this user ...

Will do, Thanks!

Snow
05-29-2014, 01:12 PM
I appreciate the effort of "spam" controls that are implemented here. I am here to learn & see what, why and how others are doing things. I do NOT like spam or trolls!

rdiscus
05-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Wondering how long the new member can post after they register?

pcsb23
05-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Wondering how long the new member can post after they register?Once they have responded to the validation email they can post. Their first 10 or 11 posts will be restricted and if they post links etc they automatically go into moderation. They will also be moderated if they use certain keywords too.