PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile's colors

aabreu1101
10-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm wondering, how long before juvenile Discus show their colors? I'm not in a hurry, just curious. Mine are about 2" not including the tail but they are showing some color/pattern on their fins, also a little on their bodies but not so noticeable yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Eddie
10-30-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm wondering, how long before juvenile Discus show their colors? I'm not in a hurry, just curious. Mine are about 2" not including the tail but they are showing some color/pattern on their fins, also a little on their bodies but not so noticeable yet.

Really depends on the type/strain but their color/pattern won't fully develop until they are adults. Sure, some of it will begin to show early on but it will be a constant change.

aabreu1101
10-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I see. As a general rule though, what would be considered an adult? Also, how long should they take to get to that size ? I just want to know more or less how old mine are and how long it might take them to reach adulthood. Oh, thanks for answering my questions, this one and others I have had previously. This is a great forum, I find I spend more time reading here than anywhere else !

Eddie
10-30-2012, 10:21 PM
I see. As a general rule though, what would be considered an adult? Also, how long should they take to get to that size ? I just want to know more or less how old mine are and how long it might take them to reach adulthood. Oh, thanks for answering my questions, this one and others I have had previously. This is a great forum, I find I spend more time reading here than anywhere else !

You are welcome. One thing you have to be mindful of is that size isn't always a good indicator of age. Severely stunted discus can be full grown adults at 2" if they've been kept poorly. Adults can be anywhere upwards of 12 months and some can take longer to mature.

helinova
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
totally agree with eddie.