PDA

View Full Version : K1 Media Order Split - Canada

Poco
11-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Thinking about ordering some Evolution Aqua K1 Media, is anyone interested in splitting the order. The price I got is 50lt $116 plus tax and shipping. I am located in GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Len
11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
If you want to order the K1, you can get it from Fish Farm Supply in Ontario. It will save you in duty coming across the border. I had placed an order from the US and once it reached me, UPS had their hand out for another $80 for brokerage, duty, etc. Ryan put me in touch with one of their partners (FFS) who carry all of their products here in Canada. They matched the price as well.

Poco
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Len, thanks for your input. I will definitely consider that.

Len
11-01-2012, 02:39 PM
You're welcome. I know the trouble I had when I ordered from Aguaticeco. They quoted the price for shipping after contacting UPS, then told me to ship it back for a refund when the quoted price was inaccurate, but still didn't refund everything. Ryan was great to deal with and put me in touch with the folks in Canada, but when I spoke with the woman at aquaticeco who did the refund, she had a nasty attitude. The other option you have is that if a supplier in the US will say on the shipping label that it is from the US (NOT ABROAD), then there will be no duty. If possible avoid UPS because they will want extra for bringing it across the border whereas with Fedex or USPS the price quoted is the price delivered.

Poco
11-01-2012, 03:09 PM
My previous experience with UPS is the same like yours. UPS charged me more than the value of a replacement power cord for the GPS.

Coming back to subject. Have found another vendor who carrys Evolution Aqua products and is 75km from me but they only have 50lt and same price which is good. I think the price is driven by the manufacturer to some extent.

Altum Nut
11-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Poco....you’re the best man. I was just thinking about posting the same just last week.
Nobody sells it in smaller quantities, so 50 liter bag is way too much for me.
I called http://www.vandermeernursery.com/ and they have the K1 for $116. They are in Ajax so no need for shipping.
Let’s make this happen buddy.

...Ralph

Poco
11-02-2012, 12:30 AM
I called them too :D

How much would you need?

Altum Nut
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
If it's only us two...we have no choice but to go 25 liters ea. If you need more that's OK with me as well.

...Ralph

Poco
11-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I have just sent pm to some local members, lets see if they are interested. If there is no one but the two of us we can go half half.

BowRiver
11-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi Poco!
Can I share with you guy? I'm in Calgary but my mom live in Toronto she come down to visit us on my new baby coming up next 2 week , please let me know thanks
Quang

Poco
11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Great! Thanks. Three so far......

BowRiver
11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks, let's me know how much total incl.tax I get my brother to pick it up and pay u
Quang

Poco
11-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi Poco!
Can I share with you guy? I'm in Calgary but my mom live in Toronto she come down to visit us on my new baby coming up next 2 week , please let me know thanks
Quang

Sent you a PM, check your inbox.