PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Pups

cooksa
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I currently have a batch of just-about-freeswimming babies in a planted community tank (the two parent angels (and now their pups), 5 rasbora espei, one lone cardinal tetra, 2 cories, and 2 bristlenose plecos). The parents are taking fantastic care of the babies, but have read the babies can, and will terrorize the parents to the point of death. I don't want that to happen, of course, so I'd like to move the babies. Can I do that now? The parents are keeping them bunched up on an anubias nana leaf at the moment. Every once in a while one will venture off the leaf, but the parents will quickly get them back to where they want them.

I have a bare 36gal that can be prepared at any time. It just needs to be filled.

Is there any really easy way to do this? Should I wait until they do go full on freeswimming, and just net them? I'm open to any and all suggestions. And thanks in advance.

cooksa
11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I just siphoned them into their own 3.5gal that is floating in the 36gal. Boy the parents were PISSED! Guess it's a good sign. Meaning I have a good set of parents on my hands. :)

Second Hand Pat
11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi Stacey, good luck with those guys. :)
Pat