PDA

View Full Version : LPH60 from Jehmco

Bill63SG
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
It was time to step up the air system.I was running 2 luft pumps from Foster and Smith.Didnt run pvc,got 2 20 outlet manifolds and ran 3/4" braided hose.Right off the bat I have to say its very quite.Its not that much bigger then the other pumps.76899Just ran the hose to be quick,and a manifold on each side of the basement.7690076901Basement still looks like a meth lab.Right now running 31 sponges,and last two outlets are wide open.76902Going to also hook up the stone from my aging barrel,and my bbs,and it looks like it will still push more.

DiscusLoverJeff
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Sounds like you will have plenty of air for even more lines with the size of that pump.

Did you use the braided hose for a reason as opposed to 1" pvc Bill? Also, on the ends of the manifolds, do they come with connections to hook up directly to pvc if I chose that instead?

Great job so far. I like the idea of labels also.

Bill63SG
12-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I used the braided hose because I didnt feel like gluing pvc,and gave me more play/wiggle room with running it by light fixtures and conduit.The manifold ends are threaded for caps and nipples.As far as hooking up to pvc,I imagine there is a fitting,but I would call Jehmco to be sure.I did it atleast twice while deciding on what I wanted.The lables were also part of a re-numbering of my tanks.It was a little of a mess at the end until I re-did this.

Kingdom Come Discus
12-10-2012, 08:13 PM
I think you made a good choice in pumps. I sometimes wish I had kept mine instead of my blower, (the blower will not blow strong in my 220 gallon it is too deep).

Brokenrack
12-10-2012, 09:12 PM
You dont need to glue the PVC! Mine isnt, I was skeptical but it works no problem.

Trier20
12-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Mine isn't glued either

Bill63SG
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Well,maybe next time.This is working more then fine,and the hose is more forgiving,lol.

cjr8420
12-11-2012, 12:35 AM
bill i really think u should use unglued pvc instead of hose lol jk looks good now get that RO going and some more outlets and u have a hatchery lol

brewmaster15
12-14-2012, 08:53 AM
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about that Pump..I've had a LPH 60 from jehmco running in the fishroom now for the last 8 years. That pump is a workshorse that runs so quiet you can barely tell its running.

Its a great choice Bill, just be sure to clean that airfilter in it often...its a fine foam..Good idea is to pick up a spare one to have on hand.

take care,
al

Bill63SG
12-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about that Pump..I've had a LPH 60 from jehmco running in the fishroom now for the last 8 years. That pump is a workshorse that runs so quiet you can barely tell its running.

Its a great choice Bill, just be sure to clean that airfilter in it often...its a fine foam..Good idea is to pick up a spare one to have on hand.

take care,
alThat came into play of its placement.The spot I wanted to put it I wasnt sure it would fit until I saw how small it was,didnt have the most convenient access.I knew I would blow off the cleaning.So its now in a more open spot.Glad to hear how long you've uased those,Al.After the two luft pumps,at first I didnt now what the new noise,sound was,and I realized it was the air bubbles from the sponges.Couldnt really hear them before,plus now more flow,not constantly tweaking the valves.

Mariov66
12-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey Bill, nice set up... BTW, I bought several discus from you including the large Angel. Gotta tell you, the discus are awesome the eat like pigs and the colors are coming in nicely. Look forward to my next purchase :-].

Bill63SG
12-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Hey Bill, nice set up... BTW, I bought several discus from you including the large Angel. Gotta tell you, the discus are awesome the eat like pigs and the colors are coming in nicely. Look forward to my next purchase :-].

Hey Mario,glad to see you made it here.

Bill63SG
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Running give or take 32 outlets,will still plenty of omph!Decided to run a line over to the bbs,water storage.771647 more stones going,shut down another small pumps,and 2 valves on one of the manifolds still wide open.

Bud Smith
12-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Bill - nice set-up - I will go with a LPH26 - in working with your system any suggestions you can share would be appreciated
I do not want to run all of my pvc from the ceiling but concealed behind my tanks.

DonMD
12-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi, Bill,

Nice setup. Can you tell me how you affix the outlets to the manifold? I assume that each outlet has a valve, and so if you're turning the valves occasionally, wouldn't that tend to weaken the connection to the manifold? As you can see, I've never set up an air system. Thanks! -Don

DiscusLoverJeff
12-31-2012, 10:25 AM
If you order the manifolds from Jehmco, they come premade with the outlets attached. I bought 3 - 12 port manifolds for my LPH26 and it was extremely easy to connect as in my homesteader page you can see.

Bill63SG
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Bill - nice set-up - I will go with a LPH26 - in working with your system any suggestions you can share would be appreciated
I do not want to run all of my pvc from the ceiling but concealed behind my tanks.
Jeff just bought the LPH26,and has some shots of it in his homesteader section.He can give you some suggestions about the pvc.

Hi, Bill,

Nice setup. Can you tell me how you affix the outlets to the manifold? I assume that each outlet has a valve, and so if you're turning the valves occasionally, wouldn't that tend to weaken the connection to the manifold? As you can see, I've never set up an air system. Thanks! -Don

I went with 2-20 outlet manifolds pre-made from Jehmco.The valves have a little lever,no twisting.Took a better close-up.I just used that other gang valve at the end because I already had it,and had to run it another 15feet to the water barrels,bbs.Didnt feel like spending another $40-$50 for a manifold and hose.7716877169

Mugwump
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm running the same pump, but a '80'...I use the tube, and valve logs too....they're great and very versatile with adapting to my sometimes changing tank configuration, and air needs. I've even run a few single lines off the logs and used small gang valves for fry tank setups....plenty of air.....good pump, and doesn't use a diaphram....mines going strong after 4yrs now....