PDA

View Full Version : Post waiting moderators approval

pece1976
01-16-2013, 03:15 PM
How long it takes a post to be approved by moderator? I opened a topic with photos without problem, after that I submit a couple of posts and then I got a message that the post have to be approved by moderator, my post was published 4-5 hours after I submit it. Today again, I wrote new post to existing thread 6 hours ago and the post is still not approved. Lets see how long it will take this one to be published.

pece1976
01-16-2013, 03:21 PM
This topic was created without problem too

pece1976
01-16-2013, 03:21 PM
and the post after too, my previous post is still not published

LizStreithorst
01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
That's strange. I've never gotten a message that any of my posts had to be approved and I'm know to sometimes be a bad actor.

pece1976
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I wrote the post again and is posted

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?102797-Fish-advice/page2

the previous one is posted also at the time that was originally written

edit: if some of the mods read this one please remove double posts

Second Hand Pat
01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
I just approved all posts awaiting moderation. Please remember that moderators are volunteers with jobs, families etc and can not always be online 24/7 even through I try :p

Second Hand Pat
01-16-2013, 03:58 PM
That's strange. I've never gotten a message that any of my posts had to be approved and I'm know to sometimes be a bad actor.

Liz, this mostly affect new members with no or a couple posts who are posting pictures, links etc.

pece1976
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I understand moderators job, I'm also a Super Moderator on a tech forum, but I really was surprised that all the posts have to be approved

Edit: @Pat, please remove double posts http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?102797-Fish-advice/page2 and an advice would be great :)

Second Hand Pat
01-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I understand moderators job, I'm also a Super Moderator on a tech forum, but I really was surprised that all the posts have to be approved

Edit: @Pat, please remove double posts http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?102797-Fish-advice/page2 and an advice would be great :)

Hi, the forum has software which places posts under moderation under certain conditions. I will delete the your dups posts tonight.

pece1976
01-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks @Pat

ashtricks
01-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey Pat!
Can we write a small patch in the forum where it looks into the previous post and sees if it is same to the one being currently posted?
I think I saw this on fb or youtube i guess, where if you try to put the same comment twice it will warn you that you have already posted a same comment not long ago. and then not allow the duplicate post to be posted.
It will reduce you guys' work a lot!
It would be really awesome if the moderators only would have to intervene or go out of the way to deal with rule violators instead of ironing out the forum kinks. You guys rock! :bandana:

Hi, the forum has software which places posts under moderation under certain conditions. I will delete the your dups posts tonight.

Second Hand Pat
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Hi Ashish, pece1976 was having to repeat posts due to their posts being placed under moderation. This happens with new members posts pictures/links etc and have low post counts (generally under 10). This is intended to help protect against spammers. :o

Second Hand Pat
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks @Pat

You are welcome :D
Pat

Ryan
01-16-2013, 11:07 PM
This happens to any member with less than 10 posts who uses links/URLs in their posts. If you try to insert an image link or a website link, the post will be flagged for moderation.

The reason some posts go through without issue is because they do not contain links, and therefore are not flagged for moderator approval.

We deal with hundreds of spammers per month here. They sign up and begin spamming the forum with links to fraudulent or virus-infected websites. The above steps are taken to ensure these spammers are caught and banned before members have access to their posts. The best way to avoid moderation as a new member is to refrain from trying to insert links into your messages until you have more than 10 posts. If you must post links before then, please be aware that it will be held until a moderator has time to approve it.