PDA

View Full Version : 15 Year Old FreshWater Shark:Catfish

FonixFire
01-23-2013, 11:05 AM
I got him "Yes him" from my grandma when I was 4 years old. He spent about 7 years in a small 1 gallon fishtank with 3 other fish. Those fish died at around age 2 "Gold Fish". Well I finnaly got a 10 gallon and moved him into the tank. He wond up having 2 pacos and 3 other fish in there with him. He was my favorit and I got close to him. About 2 months ago I moved the tank from 1 area of my room to another, and I started to notice weird behavior from him. He keep going belly up and relaxing under things on the bottom of the tank. He got better and I did not thank more of it untill about 2 days ago. He went belly up and stayed that way till today. I saw him at the bottom of the tank bearlly moving and not breathing. Figureing it was his time, I took him out and said my good byes. This fish has survived water shock over 6 times. I guess the water was to cold for him and he stoped eating. I did not take a picture cause I would be to sad.

Rip:Rex

Trier20
01-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear!

T_om
01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
With us it is my granddaughter's goldfish. She won it at a Church Carnival tossing darts at balloons. You know the fish, just feeder goldfish the carnival people pick up for a couple of cents each by the hundreds to stick in plastic bags for the one day they are expected to live.

The goldfish went into a 5 gallon spare tank we had here since she was living with us at the time. My daughter's family was waiting on their stuff to arrive from Australia to move into their new house. Somehow the fish never got transferred to the new house however.

She was 11 years old at the time. We celebrated her 21st. birthday last month. The goldfish is still in the same tank. 10 years old now and doing fine.

We named it "Immortal".

Tom