PDA

View Full Version : My Blue Sapphire Rams

Bilbo
01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I have bred rams for many years now but these are my favorites. I tried posting pictures here but it's saying the files are to big. I don't know how to change the file size so i just copied and pasted a link to my ram pics.
http://www.flowerhorncraze.com/topic/247271-my-blue-sapphire-rams/

DiscusLoverJeff
01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Love rams and those are very nice.

cjr8420
01-29-2013, 12:02 AM
yep i love this morph to but they have been called electric blue rams around my area for a few years now did u make up the sapphire name or is that what u bought the parents as ? still very nice no matter what u call them lol

Bilbo
01-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Sapphire is my name. Also, electric blue rams are totally different from these. Electrice have brown on the top of their head. These have gold tops. The electric blues have a brown base color as these have a gold base color. Also the blue on these are almost milk metalic white as electric blues have more of a bluish color to them.

cjr8420
01-29-2013, 12:36 AM
great now discus names are spreading to rams.u got german blue,gold.and electric blue.any thing else is just a mutt of the 3.the electric blue is a morph of the gold ram and mine have gold base u might have started with mutts and got them back closer to how they should be . your pics look more blue than my avatar which is eb.you can obviously call them wht u want but i see nothing new to warrant a new name other than for sales or to confuse people like the discus world lol

Ryan
01-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Are these a cross between golds and electric blues? Several people sell them on AquaBid as powder blue rams. Whatever they are, they're nice fish.

Bilbo
01-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Are these a cross between golds and electric blues? Several people sell them on AquaBid as powder blue rams. Whatever they are, they're nice fish.

Yes they are a cross of electric blues to Golds and then back to electrics again. They are definately not electric blues as electrics are completely a different cross. When you have Electrics next to a Sapphire aka Gold Powder Blue the differences are very obvious. They are no more the same than Blue Knight, Cobalt, Blue scorpion or blue diamond discus are the same. They are different color morphs. Also Sapphires aka Gold Powder Blues are brighter than Electrics. As far as i know, Jeff Gargus is the one that created The Gold Powder Blues first (although other people have created their own as well). My stock has a lot of his blood in them. Hope this helps.

cjr8420
01-29-2013, 02:44 AM
eb ram wasnt a cross,it was a morph/mutation from gold rams,real strain.as for the discus names u mention like i said ram names are getting as bad as discus names although only 2 of the discus were the same BK is a trade marked colbalt.scorp is SS if u get a SS ram name it and sell me some lol.what u got is the difference between a BD,ocean green,and get this a blue sapphire lol.ur fish are very nice ilike them got some long fin to just hate the name game

Bilbo
01-29-2013, 03:02 AM
I couldn't disagree with you more, lol. But it's neither here nor there. And it doesn't matter if you hate the name game or not. This is not what the thread is about. These are gold Sapphires. Glad you like them, lol.

matt56
01-30-2013, 12:35 AM
I would love to have some of those, they are beautiful! Nice job with em.