PDA

View Full Version : Chicago discus club?

Jeff O
01-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Whatever happened to the Chicago discus club :confused:
I remember I used to lurk on here a couple years ago and there used to be one. Kind of odd that there isnt one anymore it seems like we have quit a few discus enthusiast's around Chicagoland.
-Jeff

Trier20
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
You talking about the MWDA?

Jeff O
01-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Not too sure ive heard of that one? Here is what im referring to
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?76959-CHICAGO-DISCUS-MEETING
-Jeff

Chicago Discus
01-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Jeff I think that would be a great idea the problem is I just can't be an organizer because I'm so busy with being a mom, the fish room and my full time job. But if you guys want to start it back up just let me know and I would love to meet and talk discus I think it would be fun.......Josie

Trier20
01-31-2013, 10:33 PM
Not too sure ive heard of that one? Here is what im referring to
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?76959-CHICAGO-DISCUS-MEETING
-Jeff

It was a semi sucessful failed attempt at a new club. We just couldn't get the group together and it fell apart from there. It seemed simple when I invisioned it. LOL If there were more smaller clubs that had been established for a while it probably wouldn't worked much better. Trying to bring a region together not that easy. I'm sure we'll try again when the weather becomes nicer out.

Jeff O
01-31-2013, 10:36 PM
It was a semi sucessful failed attempt at a new club. We just couldn't get the group together and it fell apart from there. It seemed simple when I invisioned it. LOL If there were more smaller clubs that had been established for a while it probably wouldn't worked much better. Trying to bring a region together not that easy. I'm sure we'll try again when the weather becomes nicer out.

I couldn't agree more. It something I've though about for awhile it just seemed odd to me that there wasnt a set and stone one, but it is very difficult to organize a club.
-Jeff

Jeff O
01-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Jeff I think that would be a great idea the problem is I just can't be an organizer because I'm so busy with being a mom, the fish room and my full time job. But if you guys want to start it back up just let me know and I would love to meet and talk discus I think it would be fun.......Josie

I thought it sounded like something fun also, it would be a lot of work and of course it couldn't all fall back on one person, The gcca is a great example of a group effort. when everyone does a small part everything seems to go smoothly, although i did stop going to those meeting months ago LOL.