PDA

View Full Version : Canada - Quebec

jawfish
02-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Well it seems nothing has been posted so far, so I'll get the ball rolling.

I'm located in Verdun and I have currently 13 Discus tank for a total volume of 730 gallons, I'm looking to add another 300 gallons just for Discus.

Cheers,

Fred

Poco
02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Hey Fred, We do have quite a few Canadian members but not so many from Quebec. Sounds like you have a nice setup, mind sharing some pics.

Montrealapisto
02-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Hi Fred

What type of Discus do you have

George (Pierrefonds)

jawfish
02-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Hi Poco, right in a middle of resetting things, I'll post some picture of the weekend.

Hi George,

I have some Red Cover and Blue Diamonds, plus a 3R2 Int female and a milenium Gold Albino male.
Currently growing some Red Cover fry and some 3R2X Milenium Gold Cross

Cheers,

Fred

Montrealapisto
02-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Hi Fred

We are looking for members for the Montreal Aquarium Society
http://www.themontrealaquariumsociety.com/

Where is your breeding stock from

George

jawfish
02-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Hi George,

Some of my Breeding stock is from Vern Archer, some from guys getting out of the hobby.
I can't make it for Tomorrow, but most likelly will attends the March Meeting... I'll be at the SAM meeting next week

Cheers,

Fred

Montrealapisto
02-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Do yo have any small Discus for sale

George

jawfish
02-13-2013, 01:34 AM
Some Red Covers are coming up at the end of the month, see vid (tank 1) in the picture section . I have some 3R2 X Albino Milenium Gold Cross comming up latter ( these guys are just at 1 inch and I need to grow them more before doing a final culling)

Cheers,

Fred

vicdiscus
02-14-2013, 02:03 AM
I was living in Montreal for 18 years. Now I am living in Victoria, BC.

I do have small discus for sale. I can ship to you by airplane. If you are interested in me, just pm'd me.

Fly
12-09-2014, 07:42 PM
I am from Montreal, and the message is for Jawfish, altumnut told me that you can provide me maibe some giant flora discus. Thanks

jawfish
12-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi fly.. welcome to the group.

donnacona
02-17-2017, 03:41 PM
Hi I'm Stuart, retired and I live in Brossard a suburb of Montreal I have 6 tanks only discus I was a member of MAS fish club but there was no other members that raised discus

jawfish
02-19-2017, 07:15 PM
Hey Stuart !!!

Yhea Discus breeders are far in between in Quebec, much less in Montreal. We mostly hang out on simply or facebook.

Cheers

Fred

brewmaster15
07-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Anybody here in the Montreal area? Theres a very very good likihood I will taking a few days drive there with my family.. We finally got all our passports and its so close we thought we'd make it our first Canada trip as a family. Last time I was in Canada was 21 years ago.Now that we have passports we plan on making more trips to Canada. This trip will be a few days in old montreal. It looks like a perfect place to explore and photograph.

al

Altum Nut
07-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Anybody here in the Montreal area? Theres a very very good likihood I will taking a few days drive there with my family.. We finally got all our passports and its so close we thought we'd make it our first Canada trip as a family. Last time I was in Canada was 21 years ago.Now that we have passports we plan on making more trips to Canada. This trip will be a few days in old montreal. It looks like a perfect place to explore and photograph.

al

That's great Al...Quebec and Montreal are great places to visit across the border that will not disappoint. Wonderful landmarks to be photographed. Maybe drop in to see Oliver Lucanus http://www.belowwater.com/ someone you would find very interesting in aquatic photography. Heck...your US dollar should go far so wishing you all have a great time.

...Ralph

jawfish
07-16-2018, 10:31 PM

al

Hi Al, Sorry for not replying sooner, but I've been disconected with a recent death in the familly.

I work close to old Montreal. My word of advice, once in the city leave the car at the hotel. the constructions is terrible, lots of detours, plus if you intend on visting Old montreal walking makes a lot more sense... Lots of museums, great restaurants and very pedestrian friendly, plus the weather this year is simply incredible, hot and sunny. Language wont be an issue as the city is mostly bilingual..plus old montreal being a tourist area makes it more English than some other part of the Island ;-)

Cheers
Fred

brewmaster15
07-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Fred,
Im really sorry to hear about your loss.:(

I went there last week for our 20th wedding anniversary for a few days. Short trip but really great time.We did exactly what you suggested here.The drive in was horrendous at 3 pm.Once at the hotel we left the car there and took the subway into the old city. We Absolutely loved it .Montreal is an incredible city with a rich history and so much to see.We fit alot in the short time there..museums, Basillica, Botanical Gardens and Insectarium, underground city. Shops in old Montreal were fun to explore. I took a ton of pictures I need to go through and will post them when I do.Everyone was polite and welcoming. We will definitely be going back.It was an easy drive for us..about 6 hours.

jawfish
07-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Thanks Al,

Glad you enjoyed your stay... Apart from the traffic nightmares the city is great

Cheers,

Fred

discusbreeder
11-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Hi,
I live in the Montreal West island area. Yes I raise discus, mainly blue diamond and Marlboro red for now. I have two pairs and young ones.

I am looking to get red cover with a blue ring discus, anybody has some?

Richard

Paul Sabucchi
11-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Hi, I don't know if it will help (being in Europe I do not know anyone in Quebec) but in Belgium Marc Volders may have some, or he may know someone in North America who has them
info@colordiscus.com
I think he has also given some to Volkers discus paradise so they might be worth checking out.
Anyway welcome back and can you tell us a bit more about your two pairs and their offspring? Photos would be nice. It is always a pleasure to see new discus

jawfish
11-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Hey Richard...
Try Kenny.... he does ship to Canada

Red Covers with a blue ring are hard to come by just be patient bud.

Fred