PDA

View Full Version : Real purple Refection D x Blue SS

vicdiscus
02-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Hi everyone,

I have only 27 pieces of real purple Refection D. They are between 2 1/2" - 3" $ 65.00 each.

I got them from Cary Strong at Great lake Discus in couples of years ago.

The true purple discus are extremely hard to find.

I have some selection discus for myself for my new breeding pairs in the future.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w458/duncandiscus/003.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w458/duncandiscus/007.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w458/duncandiscus/008.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w458/duncandiscus/009.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w458/duncandiscus/010.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w458/duncandiscus/IMAG1130.jpg

dagray
03-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Beautiful fish. would you be able to ship and if so what would shipping cost be to USA zip 97818?

Dave

JayRutledge
03-05-2013, 01:49 PM
can you post some better pics of the juvies please.

seanyuki
03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Hi Ducan.....when a blue strain fed with red enhancer too much and will turn purple......when breeding mood the blue strain discus also turns a different color too......perhaps it may help us out .......how to have purple discus by genetics?

vicdiscus
03-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Hi Ducan.....when a blue strain fed with red enhancer too much and will turn purple......when breeding mood the blue strain discus also turns a different color too......perhaps it may help us out .......how to have purple discus by genetics?

Hi Francis,

First thing you have wrong spelling for my name.. Duncan not Ducan...

You know me I do NOT believe in color fed or color enhancer fed to my discus therefore I had never ever red enhancer or color fed to my discus and other fish. Mine discus are true high quality. I have nice Royal Red Ruby, Royal Green, etc they show true red colors not orange colors. IMO, the colors or enhancer fed to discus that show bright colorful are CHEATING.

I always feed my discus with earthworm flakes, hikari frozen bloodworms, brineshrimps, mysis shrimps, and my own beefheart with seafood.

In 2005 or 2006 ( I don't remember what exactly the year) I got the pair of Refection D from Cary at GLD . I bred them. This mom was my 4th breeding pair. The offspring of Refection D would be my 5th breeding pair in the future.

When the offspring at 2 1/2"- 3" I can tell the colors are different It is hard to explain. I am sorry I am not good at English but my first language is ASL.
Same idea when you see babies blue diamond, you can notice that both are different colors between blue and green.

Look at Barb Newell's stated that when she used flash light she could pick out green colors for the ocean green. I don't use flash light on my Refection D but I can noticed them because I know them so well for many years.

Nope, When the refection D are showing the same colors when they spawn or have babies, they get darker colors. no special or no secrets. No special light or fancy light etc. I just use regular light or open by the window direct by sunlight. They were real colors.

I am strong believe that they have true purple genetic.

HTH
Duncan

vicdiscus
03-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Beautiful fish. would you be able to ship and if so what would shipping cost be to USA zip 97818?

Dave

Hi Dave

Thank you for the comment.

I don't know If I can ship them to USA but I need to a permit license for fish shipping to USA and other countries but I will find out with my gov't tomorrow.

I need to know how many fish do you wish to order? I have two different sizes of boxes. The small box will be fit up to 8 pieces of 2 1/2" discus. The large box will be fit up to 30 pieces of 2 1/2" discus.

vicdiscus
03-06-2013, 04:18 AM
can you post some better pics of the juvies please.

I will try when I will have free time.

Actually, I am very busy so lately. If you are interested buying discus from me, We can set up skype on live webcam, you will see them much better.

seanyuki
03-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi Duncan........most commercial foods like Tetra,Ocean Nutrition,Sera,Hikari etc has some kind of ingredients to enhance/promote colors and fed too much to a blue strain may turn a blue discus purple.....I am not saying you are use hormones or Carophyll Pink ..........Glad you have created/mastered a new strain Purple Discus......

Hi Francis,

First thing you have wrong spelling for my name.. Duncan not Ducan...

You know me I do NOT believe in color fed or color enhancer fed to my discus therefore I had never ever red enhancer or color fed to my discus and other fish. Mine discus are true high quality. I have nice Royal Red Ruby, Royal Green, etc they show true red colors not orange colors. IMO, the colors or enhancer fed to discus that show bright colorful are CHEATING.

I always feed my discus with earthworm flakes, hikari frozen bloodworms, brineshrimps, mysis shrimps, and my own beefheart with seafood.

In 2005 or 2006 ( I don't remember what exactly the year) I got the pair of Refection D from Cary at GLD . I bred them. This mom was my 4th breeding pair. The offspring of Refection D would be my 5th breeding pair in the future.

When the offspring at 2 1/2"- 3" I can tell the colors are different It is hard to explain. I am sorry I am not good at English but my first language is ASL.
Same idea when you see babies blue diamond, you can notice that both are different colors between blue and green.

Look at Barb Newell's stated that when she used flash light she could pick out green colors for the ocean green. I don't use flash light on my Refection D but I can noticed them because I know them so well for many years.

Nope, When the refection D are showing the same colors when they spawn or have babies, they get darker colors. no special or no secrets. No special light or fancy light etc. I just use regular light or open by the window direct by sunlight. They were real colors.

I am strong believe that they have true purple genetic.

HTH
Duncan

dagray
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
I would actually be interested in quarter to 1/2 dollar size in a group of eight. I don't know about any permits as I know Angelmania in the US has shipped some of his fish as a test run to Canada. He shipped them in Kordon Breather bags USPS priority mail and they took a few days to get to the destination. All fish healthy upon arrival.

Dave

MSD
03-07-2013, 12:16 AM
The pictures you provide are totally useless as proof of color. Take better ones and lets see, the one looks like a scorpion cant see the other. They are so dark how can you tell what color they really???