PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Discus Association......New Canadian Forum

darcy
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Hello Simplydiscus! Further to the thread "Calling Out..........Canadians" There has been a new Discus forum started in Canada for Canadians.

First and foremost this forum is in NO WAY competing with Simply,Al or Ryan.
The CDA has full intentions of working togther with Simplydiscus. I would like to THANK Al and Ryan for thier cooperation in our opening and I appreciate all the words of wisdom and advice,I have nothing but the deepest respect for both of you!!
This site has a TON of resources and tons of info that cannot and will not be ignored. The CDA is set up for Canadians to have a place to discuss,review,learn about Discus in Canada.

I felt there was a need and a place for a new forum so one has been started.
Please bear with us and the growing pains that comes with a Forum.
Anyone can join from all over the World,but this will be and will remain mainly Canadian! I hope to see you there. Thank you.

Darcy

Canadian Discus Association
www.discuscda.com

Jeff O
02-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Congrats on the new forum! will be fun to watch it grow!!
-Jeff

darcy
02-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks Jeff.

Second Hand Pat
02-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Congrats Darcy on the new Canadian forum. That is great news. I am a member of BIDKA and they always make me feel welcome.

Poco
02-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Thank you Darcy for coming up with the idea and doing the hard work and now we all have CDA.

Congrats Darcy on the new Canadian forum. That is great news. I am a member of BIDKA and they always make me feel welcome.

Pat, Im sure all Canadians will welcome you too :)

Second Hand Pat
02-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Pat, Im sure all Canadians will welcome you too :)

Hope so :o

brewmaster15
02-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Best of Luck Darcy, I am sure that you and your team will build a forum to be proud of ! You have my support in anything I can help you with my friend.

-al

Crystalwaters
02-16-2013, 05:51 PM
I signed up right away! Looking forward to the site, thanks for taking the time and effort to put it together :)

Len
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
I've tried to register, but the confirmation email doesn't seem to come through :(

darcy
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Len it should I don't think anyone has had those troubles. Or its the first I heard of it. Maybe in your junk folder? If you PM me your
board name I'll have a look. Sorry about that. I'll look into it ASAP!

Darcy

Poco
02-18-2013, 07:07 PM
I've tried to register, but the confirmation email doesn't seem to come through :(

Len, try logging in now.

nabilbb
08-12-2015, 12:19 PM
What happened to Canadian Discus Forum! was it shut down?

discuspaul
08-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Yes, it was shelved a couple of months ago due to a sorrowful lack of interest and participation.
Too bad. The founders put in a lot of good hard work, but there didn't seem to be sufficient interested discus-keepers to keep things moving along satisfactorily.

nabilbb
08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Thank a lot for the info.

brewmaster15
08-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Our Canadian Friends to The North always have a place here at SD:)

al

Altum Nut
08-12-2015, 03:21 PM

al :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CDA was great and Darcy did what he could to keep it alive along with the other Mods.
As Al said...we are all welcome on SD with open arms.
No forum will ever survive if it was not for the membership and sponsors to keep it alive.

...Ralph

jawfish
08-12-2015, 11:32 PM

al
Thanks Al...
We just need to make more noise :-)

Yes CDA was a great Idea, but it didn't take off as expected...

SD has a great membership with a lot of experience... and quite a few canadians so don't be shy to ask questions.

Cheers
Fred