PDA

View Full Version : Piwowarski Discus

Chicago Discus
02-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Chicago Discus is proud to announce that we are going to start importing Alex Piwowarski Discus. We will be bringing in shipments from Germany and offering them to our customers. We have not lost our primary goal which is breeding and caring for our Discus in our hatchery. The Mad Scientist and I thought long and hard about this decision and after careful consideration we decided to proceed in this new direction. We will only be importing Alex Piwowarski Discus but will continue to breed and sell our own stock. We have divided our Fishroom and made room in our hatchery to except this new responsibility. We will be receiving our first shipment from Mr. Piwowarski on February 28, 2013 and after proper quarantine we will offer the Piwowarski Discus for sale and a stock list will be made available to you all here and on our website. We will not take pre-orders or deposits for these or any of our Discus that we offer. We have finalized an agreement with Alex Piwowarski and Diskuszucht Piwowarski Discus of Germany and are moving forward In this new direction. As importing is not our primary goal we are proud to be working with Mr. Piwowarski to bring his wonderful Discus to the US............Josie

roclement
02-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Congrats Josie! Best of luck!

Rodrigo

warblad79
02-20-2013, 09:12 PM
That's awesome, Damn! I need to empty my tank

rsawest@yahoo.com
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Congrats to you Josie, and I wish you the best of luck too.

MKD
02-20-2013, 09:24 PM
yes the great news of the day. Congratulations Josie

PAR23
02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
That's awesome. Congrats to all of us and thank you Josie for bringing in these beauties.....

Kal-El
02-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Yes and congrats... Looking forward to purchasing my Piwow from you... This is such an amazing news...

ashaysathe
02-20-2013, 09:57 PM
That is really good to know Josie. Congrats. Super

Larry Bugg
02-20-2013, 10:53 PM
AWESOME NEWS JOSIE!!!!!

dadecountyalan
02-20-2013, 10:55 PM
yes! awesome news josie. im so happy that your going to be bringing them in.

MSD
02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Best of luck, did you ever post pic's of your hatchery on here? Love to see your setup, not to mention get some Piwows

discusplantedtanklover
02-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Goodluck Josie, looking for partime job to support another fish tank???????

Chicago Discus
02-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Best of luck, did you ever post pic's of your hatchery on here? Love to see your setup, not to mention get some Piwows

I have some photos and a video of the Fishroom in my homesteader section http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?95696-Lord-help-me-)

moik
02-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Wow,wow ,,,wow,,wow,,,,read what happened to Kraig with his last shipment and then got the flu for past 9 days plus...Then come back to someone else possibly going down the same road..Wish nothing but the best for your shipment..
If there is more than one heat pack/vent holes in the boxes then,,well its obvious..
I wish nothing but great things to happen with the shipment..

Jeff O
02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Awesome News! Cant wait to come down to the hatchery and check them out when they arive!
-Jeff

Chicago Discus
02-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Awesome News! Cant wait to come down to the hatchery and check them out when they arive!
-Jeff

Your welcome anytime Jeff just let me know :).....josie

Chicago Discus
02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Just spoke to Mr. Piwowarski and we are confirmed for February 28, 2013 delivery to Chicago. I will post a list and photos of what we received once they are in the tanks and ready to go. Thank you all........Josie

mlov1022
02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Best of luck with your new venture Josie.

Chicago Discus
02-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Best of luck with your new venture Josie.

Thank you Marc for your warm wishes its going to be interesting to say the least ........... Josie

MSD
02-21-2013, 01:39 PM
I have some photos and a video of the Fishroom in my homesteader section http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?95696-Lord-help-me-)

That was so amazing and well thought out and executed, I hope the lord and Simply help you and buy a lot of discus. Best wishes, Josie.

Kal-El
02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Just spoke to Mr. Piwowarski and we are confirmed for February 28, 2013 delivery to Chicago. I will post a list and photos of what we received once they are in the tanks and ready to go. Thank you all........Josie

Looking forward to this and seeing what you have order for us to choose from... Size, strain, etc... Cannot wait to be in your hatchery to make my selection.

Tazalanche
02-21-2013, 02:37 PM
No disrespect is intended toward you or toward Tara, but given what just happened to Kraig & how this community was so upset about it less than a month ago, I am also curious as to why each of you are so quickly importing from Alex.

We love the two piwow browns we bought from you the Friday before that happened, but based on principle of what happened to Kraig we're hesitant to consider future purchases of piwows without more information.

Either way, good luck on your future endeavors with piwowarski discus.

Thank you.

Chicago Discus
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
No disrespect is intended toward you or toward Tara, but given what just happened to Kraig & how this community was so upset about it less than a month ago, I am also curious as to why each of you are so quickly importing from Alex.

We love the two piwow browns we bought from you the Friday before that happened, but based on principle of what happened to Kraig we're hesitant to consider future purchases of piwows without more information.

Either way, good luck on your future endeavors with piwowarski discus.

Thank you.

David Im so glad the two browns are doing well for you but under you and wife's care I didn't expect anything but the best outcome :)
As far as the importing of fish from Alex goes, I don't know what happened in the recent shipment and cannot speak for any party. You need to contact the parties involved and ask them directly, not Chicago Discus. We have nothing to do with that. But I do know that Alex breeds beautiful fish. We want to make sure that Piwowarski fish are still available to discus enthusiasts in the US.

Tazalanche
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
David Im so glad the two browns are doing well for you but under you and wife's care I didn't expect anything but the best outcome :)
As far as the importing of fish from Alex goes, I don't know what happened in the recent shipment and cannot speak for any party. You need to contact the parties involved and ask them directly, not Chicago Discus. We have nothing to do with that. But I do know that Alex breeds beautiful fish. We want to make sure that Piwowarski fish are still available to discus enthusiasts in the US.Thank you Josie.

warblad79
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
At least buyer doesn't have to put their money on the line. Prices and pictures posted once the fish arrive safely and then you can put deposit if like the fish.

ronald sherman
02-21-2013, 04:22 PM
i'm betting they are some healthy fish as it seem's you go above the standard of care good luck and nothing but the best can't wait too see the pix and perhap's buy 2,or 3

Chicago Discus
02-21-2013, 11:43 PM
i'm betting they are some healthy fish as it seem's you go above the standard of care good luck and nothing but the best can't wait too see the pix and perhap's buy 2,or 3

Thanks Ron,

At least buyer doesn't have to put their money on the line. Prices and pictures posted once the fish arrive safely and then you can put deposit if like the fish.

I’m looking forward to posting some photos and sharing what Mr. Piwowarski sends :)......Josie

Discus-Hans
02-22-2013, 03:57 AM
think I'm getting confused now, but it looks like everybody who visit my fish house turns out soon as competition some how.

I think my wife is right that I teach and build my own competition lol lol

Let them into my fish house, take them out for dinner and before I know it they start importing Discus lol lol

Good luck with your new adventure,

Hans

fredyx
02-22-2013, 04:07 AM
think I'm getting confused now, but it looks like everybody who visit my fish house turns out soon as competition some how.

Let them into my fish house, take them out for dinner and before I know it they start importing Discus lol lol

Hans

LOL In Spain we have a saying "Grow up crows and finally they will take your eyes apart "

YSS
02-22-2013, 08:59 AM

Hans

I remember visiting your fish house for the first time many years ago, Hans. I really wanted to figure out a way to quit my day job and work with you. I thought about it for a while. I am still open to the idea of working with you. :)

I think visiting your fish house makes people do strange things.

Skip
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
LOL In Spain we have a saying "Grow up crows and finally they will take your eyes apart "

that don't make sense in english..

can you write it in spanish??

fredyx
02-22-2013, 05:50 PM
that don't make sense in english..

can you write it in spanish??

if you raise crows they will take your eyeballs from your face afterwards when they can do things by themselves.

this saying means: if you are feeding a 'monster' he will end up eating you. (people usually put their interests over others' interests)

The saying in English is: breeding crows peck your eyes and you (from google:bandana:)

In Spanish: Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos (not that far of English version)

Chicago Discus
02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
if you raise crows they will take your eyeballs from your face afterwards when they can do things by themselves.

this saying means: if you are feeding a 'monster' he will end up eating you. (people usually put their interests over others' interests)

The saying in English is: breeding crows peck your eyes and you (from google:bandana:)

In Spanish: Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos (not that far of English version)

There is a very famous saying in America and it goes like this,

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

fredyx
02-22-2013, 06:17 PM
There is a very famous saying in America and it goes like this,

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

Didn't mind to bother you in any case :) I wish you the very best with your Piwos, I admire the quality of his fishes and many people in US will benefit from your endeavor and will be lucky to have those jewels at home.

Chicago Discus
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Didn't mind to bother you in any case :) I wish you the very best with your Piwos, I admire the quality of his fishes and many people in US will benefit from your endeavor and will be lucky to have those jewels at home.

Thank You Fred, We are really looking forward to our first shipment from Germany I will keep you posted :)......Josie