PDA

View Full Version : Alex Piwowarski's Latest video, check it out!

rubinsteinnyc
03-22-2013, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTD_O6ydoEw

@ 5min20s this tube looks familiar to what Hans has been showing on the forum

Trevor W
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the link always interesting to see world class breeders hatcheries.
*EDIT*
One thing I have noticed in all of his videos of his breeding tanks is a vertical piece of glass on the middle of the back pane of glass. Not sure what the function of this is. Sorry if I perhaps missed something in this video and you were not infact refereing to the pvc pipes i have mentioned.

Trevor W
03-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I re-watched the video and sorry scratch my first reply I obviously couldnt see that there was a clear acrylic type cylinder over the cone. Upon now seeing this to me I would say that it is basically a fancy cone mesh or screen to prevent one of them or both of them from egg eating. because the pair or cone is still in the tank and not pulled I would assume that they will be raised by the pair, where as Hans device is strictly for artificial raising, but yet again I could very well be wrong. So does anyone happen to know what the piece of vertical glass on the middle of the back pane is all about?

rubinsteinnyc
03-22-2013, 02:20 PM
in his older videos the vertical piece of glass i presume was installed for an easier catching of the fry/fish...

Jeff O
03-22-2013, 04:37 PM
I love his red strains...
-Jeff

Altum Nut
03-22-2013, 04:57 PM
To this day...i still have not figured out why the glass is in thier.
I suspect possibly a shield used to minimize current from water entering tank during breeding but who knows.
In any event no glass in breeding tanks this time around.

...Ralph

Kal-El
03-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I need a female RT so hopefully we can get some Jumbo in the next shipment...