PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt Neo-Therm Heater

joanstone
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I attended the NEC convention in CT last weekend, took advantage of a convention special and ordered the new 200 watt Neo-Therm heater. The higher wattage heater is a new release, that I have been interested in/waiting for. I just set one up and even though time will tell, I am impressed so far. It was very easy to set- it tells you the current tank temperature and the set temperature. Even the suction cups for the heater holder are easier to use. Without the special convention deal I would find the $ prohibitive though. Unless something goes wrong I am very happy that I was able to get these. I have many Eheim Jagers which work fine, but I find the calibration of them ridiculous and frustrating. Cobalt has an interesting new filter coming out this summer as well.

JERRYKEVIN
05-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Ok I have had the neo therms for 40 days now and I love em!! I have 2 - 200 watt in a 75 gallon. Accuracy is dead on and love the fact that it also tells you the temp of the water. Will update in another 30 days.

Vieira
05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't like them they weren't accurate I tried 3 of them. They seem to be built very well good quality and easy to set up. I do like how they give you your current temperature. I was impressed at first but I think I will stick to the eheim.

JERRYKEVIN
05-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Thats odd as mine are dead on but time will tell. I also like the fact that it has an alarm if the temp goes over your selected temp due to outside temps from the room or lights etc

joanstone
05-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Mine are still doing great as well.

JERRYKEVIN
08-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Update-- I have had these heaters for 4 months now---THEY ARE THE ONLY HEATER TO OWN!