first thing first water parameters is
temp 84f
ph 7.2
kh 3
gh 3
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 10
55 gallon bare bottom tank clay pot planted amazon sword with driftwood and flame moss and java moss
problem important having is there are 6 Julie discus various strains one goes from very dark to grey and half of them have black stripes i feed 4-5 times daily with glass worms blood worms beef heart and marine/terra flake/beefheart flake mix i have a small hob filter until the larger one is fully cycled I've also noticed one is quite a bit more aggressive then the others do they just need to find there pecking order or could there be a different problem thank.you all in advance

Skip
05-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Sounds good.. carry on..

BODYDUB
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
So after reading your whole post, it seems your asking for help. Six discus in a 55G is usually the minimum recommended amount of fish. The black stripes you are seeing are stress bars and are pretty prominent in juvies. There will always be a pecking order in discus no matter what size. On the other hand. What is your w/c routine, how big is the small filter you have on now, was it cycled and how are you cycling the larger filter?????

sinner_209
05-02-2013, 02:37 AM
fish were transferred from 35g planted to.55gallon barebottom with plants filter is rated for the 35 larger filter has been on the 35 for 2-3 weeks used small amount of peat to match smaller tank and set up the 55 with 50% established water 50% tap until they were the smaewould adding a few rams and cardinal terra help