PDA

View Full Version : Light Timer Help

DiscusLoverJeff
05-11-2013, 12:16 PM
So when my family room flooded a couple weeks ago, it took out my powerstip with my times for my T5 (3 cord) fixture. All the timers went out as well. I was turning them on and off manually until I had the chance to get a timer.

Long story short, I go to Lowes and find an 8 outlet Powerstrip with the abilty to have 4 timer outlet and 4 always on outlets (see attached link).

I must be losing my mind as I thought this was as simple as it gets without all those bulky timers you have to buy and program for each power cord.

Directly out of the box I see the left side is for timers and the right for always on. I program the timer but, here is where I lost it; it does not tell you which outlet on the left side is for what timer. So, I set them for the 3 cords, turn it on, plug in the cords, put it in auto mode, and I got squat, Lol. So I can't figure this out. I should have looked at this more closely before buying it, but it looked like a no-brainer.

I sent an email to the company but won't hear from them until Monday possibly. Can anyone make this out? Or do I still need my bulky timers?

http://www.jascoproducts.com/support/manual-downloads/applications/DocumentLibraryManager/upload/15077-Manual-eng.pdf

Thanks guys and gals,

Jeff

DerekFF
05-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Hit mode until it says auto? Light fixture switches are on? You have the program on the right day and time that it currently is(or whatever time frame you're trying to test for)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trier20
05-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Sounds like technology has gotten the best of you. That will teach you to go digital! lol

DiscusLoverJeff
05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Hit mode until it says auto? Light fixture switches are on? You have the program on the right day and time that it currently is(or whatever time frame you're trying to test for)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Yep, Yep and Yep.

Sounds like technology has gotten the best of you. That will teach you to go digital! lol

Sure will teach me is right Brandon.

I just thought by now someone had come up with a way to get rid of those bulky timers, guess not.

Trier20
05-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Yea someone needs to make one that is easy to use not so damn complicated. Like one you just talk to and it does it for you lol