PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Tropicals

jsullins
05-23-2013, 05:41 AM
Anybody ever order from this place or know anything about them?

bobdon
05-23-2013, 07:52 AM
had bad luck

smsimcik
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
A lot of folks here have had good experiences with Sunrise Tropicals. Having said that, I did not have a good experience when I ordered some discus from them 5 years ago. Listen to Elliots. Stick with the sponsors here.

josephl
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
I have ordered from them several times before, always had good experiences

trusty
05-25-2013, 02:38 AM
His shop was awesome it had lots of everything lol, If you call tony he will answer your questions just let him know exactly what you are looking for he will send you pics he also posts pics on his web site. I always had good experiences with tony as well.

astrochick00
12-05-2013, 01:54 PM
My better-late-than-never two cents:
Tony Peng at Sunrise is a stand-up guy. I've ordered from him 3 times in the last year: 6x3", 2x5.5", and a proven pair. The pair have spawned successfully four times and are currently tending 2 week freeswimmers. One of the two 5.5 adults is probably the prettiest fish I have (and I have stuff from sponsors too…..not putting them down at all, just saying this one girl is especially beautiful). The juvies were actually a bit bigger than I expected and every bit as nice as advertised.

My favorite things about Tony are that he updates his website every few days, he responds to emails same-day, and he has great customer service and follow-up skills. You can go through his current stock photos and select individual fish (even little ones).

I would buy from him again in a heartbeat.

Bud Smith
12-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I ordered from him twice and got nice discus. Good shipping and very prompt on responses - which is important to me

warblad79
12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Some of his fish are way over price compare to other sponsor here with similar quality. That's why I never buy from him even though he's only 45 mins away from me.

OC Discus
12-05-2013, 11:42 PM
I ordered 3- 2.5" from him. The albino yellow gold is still the best colored, shaped, and has best eye to body ratio of all my fish. The red diamond had a lump on its tail that turned out to be a curved spine. He quickly refunded the deformed fish. His selection is smaller than Kenny's, but his albino golden yellows can't be beat.

White Worm
12-05-2013, 11:48 PM
I visited Tony's shop years ago with Kenny. Very nice discus but higher prices. It makes sense because he actually had a shop in a strip mall with employees and overhead. I have been eyeing those albino yellows also. I almost made a deal to bring his fish to the Sacramento NADA show years ago but I screwed up the timing.

astrochick00
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I think some of the prices probably are higher, but for someone like me (I live in Alabama) who cannot get to see the fish in person, it's worth the extra money to pick out individuals from the website. Tony will also send additional photos by request, usually same-day. If you can't hand pick them from somebody's fish room, this may be the next best thing.

Has he ever been a sponsor here? I'm kinda surprised that he's not.

CliffsDiscus
12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Where is Tony(Mr.Discus) his store has been closed for at least a few years now.

Cliff

OC Discus
12-06-2013, 06:25 PM
My understanding is that he transitioned from a store front to an online service only. He sometimes has pairs, but not many new ones recently- he is showing ones he sold in the past. He also has adult fish in addition to small ones.

Where is Tony(Mr.Discus) his store has been closed for at least a few years now.

Cliff

White Worm
12-07-2013, 02:20 AM
That is what I heard also (online). Kenny would know. Tony's store was in Daly City. Still active website. http://sunrisetropicals.com/

Discusgeo2
12-07-2013, 05:43 PM
You can find him on Facebook also where he is pretty active on updating his stock.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunrise-Tropicals-Discus-Fish/512258652137495