PDA

View Full Version : It's time to say hello

trungnguyen
05-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi all,

My name is Trung, and I am new to discus. I have known this forum for awhile from one of my friend, and he is a member in this forum too. I honestly learned so many things about discus from here. When I just started my discus at the beginning of the year, I did not know much about them, and of course I failed with losing 10 of juvenile one. I learned from that about the set up, water, sources, feeding, and tank mates....Good thing I met my friend, Tony, from SCAPE forum, and he helped me out since then. I could tell that he has changed everything in me about discus. Yep, things have gone up and down until now.... I have 6 healthy discus so far in 55 gallons tank with gravel and driftwood. They are 4 about 4 inches, and 2 juvenile about 3-3.5 inches, and some neon tetras, corries, and clown loach....I did not get them from LFS anymore (first lesson learned), I knew some discus keepers and they sold them back to me with good prices.....

I just have a question about getting more discus from Kenny, how many should I keep in 55 gallons? Is that okay if I add 2-3 more?

Just a short summary about how I knew this forum and discus...and I would like to say hi to everyone....I have learned so many things from here. ;)

Second Hand Pat
05-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Trung, welcome to Simply. It is nice to have you here. As you might already guess your 55 is pretty full with the current number of discus and other fish. I would suggest a larger tank or stick with your current bio-load in the 55.
Pat

JOSNNGUYEN
05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
+1. I have same situation like you too. But my budget is tight right now but will upgrade to bigger tank. Because you just can't stop buy them. LoL

chaoslite
05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi Trung. Welcome to Simply. I agree with Pat.

Mishka

a volar
05-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome!!

DiscusLoverJeff
05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Hello Trung, welcome to the first and last place you will ever need to learn and share your experiences with discus. The forum is loaded with years of knowledge and has some of the best discus suppliers out there.

MKD
05-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Welcome Trung. Finally i can recuit someone over. J/K.

Agree with Pat. Just in enjoy what you have now and browse around a little bit.

trungnguyen
05-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Thank you everyone, especially MKD for recruiting me, lol. Yeah, I will just enjoy what I have now, and my challenge now is grow them up. I feed them everything (beefheart, frozen worm, freeze dried blackworm, pellets), and they eat all. Water change is every two day about 50%, and I use straight tap water, they have been doing good with growing, but kind slow. When I got the 4 big ones, there were about 4 inches, now they are about 4.5-4.75 inches after 2 months. Is that normal?