PDA

View Full Version : Pure Aquarium Balls/Cycling fishless

JERRYKEVIN
06-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm the new poster child for these bacteria balls!!!!! These things are amazing and I think they should be kept on hand at all times!!!. I compared Dr. Tim's one and only with these balls. I started with two new tanks. Dr. Tim's one and only took me 5 weeks to cycle. Pure balls took me 6 days! If you are having spikes throw some of these balls in your filter or tank and your problems are over! On the Dr. Tim tank I had a "new tank bloom" I threw the balls in and next morning tank was crystal clear and water parameters were perfect.. I'm sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Bill!! You can get these from sponser at inlandempirediscus. If you are cycling new tank doing fishless cycle don't forget to add ammonia which I did buy from Dr. Tim's-lol. I think this product is the biggest break through in Aquarium products in years!!! Can't say enough about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JERRYKEVIN
06-14-2013, 08:13 PM
No. I tried Dr. Tim's one and only and the aqua balls. I'm telling you Elliots these things are amazing!!!! They do much more than cycling. Tank is crystal clear and water parameters are perfect.. As a test I put 4 ppm of ammonia in a 75 gallon tank-- I dropped 7 balls in my aqua clear 110. Within 15 minutes I had no ammonia no nitrites... There is no product out there that will compare to this period!

lipadj46
06-14-2013, 08:21 PM
As a test I put 4 ppm of ammonia in a 75 gallon tank-- I dropped 7 balls in my aqua clear 110. Within 15 minutes I had no ammonia no nitrites

So you are saying the bacteria processed 4ppm of NH3 in 15 minutes???? I don't think that is biologically possible.

sent from an undisclosed location using morse code

JERRYKEVIN
06-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Thats what I'm saying. Processed to 0 NH3 and 0 Nitrites. Tested NH3 with API and seachem kits. To be clear I put the balls in the intake of the 110.. I thought the balls would stay in the intake as I have two extensions to reach bottom of tank. Intakes have the guards on the bottom of tubes. The intake sucked them up so they were completely disolved into the water..AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dkeef
06-14-2013, 08:54 PM
i should use these for QT tanks...instant cycle no need to seed it and maintain

JERRYKEVIN
06-14-2013, 08:58 PM
David you are correct. It will not be instantly cycled but will give you perfect water parameters. It will not be cycled until your seeing Nitrates of which I had on day 5. Day 6 was completely cycled. Make sure to do water changes and you are fine my friend. Put them in your big tank when you do water changes also. And I forgot to mention that it really clears up the water. I will never be with out this product on hand!

Inland Empire Discus
06-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Glad you like them Jerry. They are a very good product and your experience with them is similar to others that have tried them. Most thought say it takes 10-14 days that is great it worked so fast for you.

rubinsteinnyc
06-17-2013, 02:26 PM
can i throw it into a tank with new fish and just have the cycle running while the new fish are in?

JERRYKEVIN
06-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Not clear what your asking rubin. Is the tank cycled or did you just set it up?Ideally you want your tank cycled before fish but if it's not you can add them if you put balls in. Make sure you are testing your water twice a day and you will be doing water changes every day until cycled. Don't over feed and you should be fine.

rubinsteinnyc
06-17-2013, 03:07 PM
just set it up, tap aerated heated water with water conditioner, never had fish in the tank before, can i just dump the new fish into an all new setup and just add the balls?

dash
06-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi all. I am from South Africa and would like to get my hands on this product. Can you post a link to the manufacturer web site please?

JERRYKEVIN
06-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Rubin you can-Again not the ideal way to do it but you can. Make sure to test water no less then 2 times a day,Do not over feed, Water changes every day. Understand you will be doing a lot more work until it's cycled-waterchanges-. If I were you I would get the balls and pure ammonia to feed the bacteria. You should be cycled within 6-15 days. Once cycled do big water change and add fish and keep an eye on your water parameters..

JERRYKEVIN
06-17-2013, 04:12 PM
dash- www.inlandempirediscus.com

dash
06-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks

Sandy Clay
06-19-2013, 01:41 PM
I also bought some of these ....and yes, the water was crystal clear!

Skip
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM
I bought some last year.. used them then.. but have not needed them again until yesterday.. bought some guppies to have at office.. wife don't know..
but i was curious.. to see the shelf life.. it says it expires in 2014! so i assume they have two year self life as long as you keep the lid shut tight!

guppies are good so far :)

Discusdude7
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM
No. I tried Dr. Tim's one and only and the aqua balls. I'm telling you Elliots these things are amazing!!!! They do much more than cycling. Tank is crystal clear and water parameters are perfect.. As a test I put 4 ppm of ammonia in a 75 gallon tank-- I dropped 7 balls in my aqua clear 110. Within 15 minutes I had no ammonia no nitrites...

Are you sure it wasn't 15 hours?I tried this and it didn't work.....

JERRYKEVIN
07-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Discusdude- I put the balls in the intake tubes of my aqua clear 110's-Thinking they would stay in the tubes and slowly dissolve. Did not happen as it sucked the balls into the filter and broke the balls up that's why results were so quick as the bacteria was all released into the water vs the balls slowly dissolving over time.

Discusdude7
07-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Discusdude- I put the balls in the intake tubes of my aqua clear 110's-Thinking they would stay in the tubes and slowly dissolve. Did not happen as it sucked the balls into the filter and broke the balls up that's why results were so quick as the bacteria was all released into the water vs the balls slowly dissolving over time.

Does the bacteria stay in the water and go away when you do a WC or does it attach to surfaces?

JERRYKEVIN
07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
It should attach to filter media. If you are trying to cycle a tank do not do any water changes until cycled--Unless you have fish in already. If you have fish in the tank do water changes and add some balls every time you change the water. It is a great product. If you have fish in just keep your on on water conditions.

Discusdude7
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
How long does it take to cycle?

JERRYKEVIN
07-16-2013, 12:33 PM
6-15 days.. Are there fish in your tank?

Discusdude7
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
No adding pure ammonia atm. Fish will be added tmrw. I added 4 ppm yesterday at 2:00 and this morning it went down to 2 ppm. Is it suppose to take this long? (oh and I added a capful of QuickStart yesterday night, im not sure if it was the QuickStart or the balls that made the ammonia go down)
This mornings test results:
Ammonia- 2 ppm
Nitrite-0 ppm
NitrATE- 20 ppm

Before I added the QuickStart the ammonia was STILL at 4 ppm yesterday night (11:00 PM)

Discusdude7
07-16-2013, 06:00 PM
I think it was the quick start. These balls just aren't working for me :( I even tried squishing them up. Does anyone know what I did wrong?!?!?

lipadj46
07-16-2013, 10:31 PM
I think it was the quick start. These balls just aren't working for me :( I even tried squishing them up. Does anyone know what I did wrong?!?!?

Not sure, I'm not sure what kind of bacterial strains the balls contain. I should have mine tomorrow and I'll experiment with them.

Discusdude7
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Not sure, I'm not sure what kind of bacterial strains the balls contain. I should have mine tomorrow and I'll experiment with them.

Ok. Let me know if they work for you.