PDA

View Full Version : Hi all newbie here

xvicx
08-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Just wounderd if anyone new how long does it take until the red turquoise stendker discus take to start changing colour. Mine are about 2" a cuple are a litle bigger and those 2 bigger ones have gone a bit darker compared to the other 4 smaller orange looking ones. Please x

blueluv
08-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Welcome to simply discus

Tell us about yourself by filling out this form, so that we can better answer your question. Usually about a year

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?46499-Tell-us-about-yourselves-Please

Once done copy and paste here , in a new reply. Thanks

camuth8
08-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Once they get bigger, around 5-6", they will start coloring. Depends how fast you grow 'em out. Fill out the link that Chris gave you and we can get more information.

xvicx
08-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi im vic. From birmingham. I have always had tropical fish growing up. I always wanted discus but parents never got them. So now i have my own i have 8 discus in total and 35 neons in a 350 litre corner tank. They eat they frozen block foods from pet shops they wont touch anythink else. They currently get fed 5/6 times a day as instructed to. The breading pair are around 5/6 inches long and the babies are about 2inch. Their colours r slighty changing now i cant wait till they become brilliant blue. I only ever wanted the red turquiose discus due to their colourings. I love blue lol. Looking forward to talking to you all and getting some good advice xx

blueluv
08-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I too like blue discus strains ;) When you say breeding pair? Are you talking about discus? As for nutrition, your discus still need more variety , for example ; a good flake food , granule , freeze dried black worms from Al, new life spectrum ect . So with that being said , good nutrition , WCs will give good size and healthy discus. I provided you with a link so that after you filled it in you can copy and paste it here on your thread in a new reply. Reason I mention this is because you're still missing some information.

camuth8
08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
You want to feed them a variety of foods. Stop feeding the block food for a while and feed them whatever other foods you have(flakes, pellets, etc.). It may take a while, but when they're hungry, they'll probably start eating stuff they're not used to.