PDA

View Full Version : Discus freaking out when I turn on light or get near tank?

Discusdude7
08-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Ok so it's been about 5 days since the new discus from Josie have been in my tank. The problem is that when the light is off in the tank they are swimming every where in the tank, and when I turn it on they freak out and bang them selves up. After awhile they come out from the corner and swim but they are NO WHERE as active as when the lights are off. When the lights are on and they are swimming a little sometimes when I walk in front of them they bang them selves up and go to there corner. Also they were pecking as the beefheart mix, but not anymore. Does anyone know how to make them stop banging them selves up because it looks like it hurts

Kal-El
08-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Keeps the lights on and do what you do normally. In time they will adjust to you and the settings you've set for them.

Chicago Discus
08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Srinivas,

Discus take a while to get use to a new environment. Just keep your routine going and they will come around. They need to establish themselves in a small group. They are use to large groups and it can be overwhelming at first for some of them.

camuth8
08-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Srinivas,

Discus take a while to get use to a new environment. Just keep your routine going and they will come around. They need to establish themselves in a small group. They are use to large groups and it can be overwhelming at first for some of them.

+1

tonytheboss1
08-10-2013, 07:51 PM
:bandana: Agree w/ above. Depending on the number, age & size of the tank; adjusting to the new environment could take a bit of time. Try leaving the lights on rather than startling them. They will adjust to your presence in due time because you will become synonymous w/ food. lol lol Nice & easy does it. "T"

dkeef
08-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Mine r just like that. Takes like a week to get used to u.