PDA

View Full Version : removing chlorinated water

Luckeediscus
08-07-2013, 02:19 AM
my water supply from our house is chlorinated water/regular tap water, will putting 2 activated carbon and 1 microfiber filters like the one for RO filters kill the chlorine? so i can put water straight to my tanks?

Trier20
08-07-2013, 02:44 AM
I suggest using either prime or safe. I mentioned aging in your other thread. If you age this will help remove chlorine as well. It will not remove chloramines though. This is why I suggest the above.

100fuegos
08-07-2013, 03:38 AM
With everything (chemicals) water suply companies add to the tap water every year / every season I can not understand why so few people use activated carbon prefilters nowdays. You may be againg your water and adding Prime / Safe (or any equivalent) but it will not be enough. Just read around in this forum to see what others have suffered.

All I use is a seven stage prefilters consisting of sediment / zeolite / CAG / Carbon Block. No chemicals added to my water to neutralize chlorine or chloramines.

Nu2Discus
08-07-2013, 10:15 AM
100fuegos, did you buy this set up, or did you make it yourself?

100fuegos
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Bought the 10" inches containers here and there and made the plumbing myself. Finding the right combination of filters took me some more time. Take a look in here (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?107821-Can-normally-good-tap-water-turn-very-bad-sometimest), discussing about the same matter there. There is a picture of my setup in post 32.

Nu2Discus
08-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh wow that's a pretty nice setup. Thanks,