PDA

View Full Version : Aug. 9, 10 and 11 sale on glazed cones!

Disgirl
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
For this weekend, starting tonight, I will offer my glazed cones, regular $24 ea. for $18 plus postage. This is a real bargain since they are quite beautiful and take much longer to make than my unglazed $14 cones. But I have quite a few, they were a special order for someone who decided not to get them. I have all the glazed ones in the previous thread except #14. Just send me a pm if you have questions, or post here in this thread. Thanks,
Barb

Disgirl
08-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Thank you to those who have ordered some of these cones already! I still have #'s 5,6,7,9,10,11, 12 and 13 left.
Barb

Discusdude7
08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Is it any harder for the discus to lay in the glazed cones that the normal ones?

timmy82
08-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Barb love your cones and am intrested but the cost might not be too good can you PM me some shipping cost if available to Queensland Australia post code 4818. When I was in SLC I sent a large item back via fed x costing over $1000 us and then later found that UPS would've been $600 or so. Worth seeing and if viable I can put in a reasonable order and have a mate that is keen on retailing this style in his store.

Disgirl
08-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Is it any harder for the discus to lay in the glazed cones that the normal ones?

Not at all, they lay eggs on glass tank sides, heaters, filter tubes, etc. They like my cones, just look around here at SD and you will see lots of discus pics with eggs on my glazed cones as well as unglazed. I use food grade glazes, completely safe for tanks, fired to over 2000 degrees, easy to clean too.
Barb

Disgirl
08-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Barb love your cones and am intrested but the cost might not be too good can you PM me some shipping cost if available to Queensland Australia post code 4818. When I was in SLC I sent a large item back via fed x costing over $1000 us and then later found that UPS would've been $600 or so. Worth seeing and if viable I can put in a reasonable order and have a mate that is keen on retailing this style in his store.

Thanks for your interest. I have never sent cones to Australia. Many inquiries but nobody wants to pay the postage. I checked once and think it was $75 to send just a couple of cones. If you really want some, tell me how many, give me your address, I will pack them up, take to post office and FedEx for shipping quote, then let you know. If you want to pay it, they will be yours, if too high, I will unpack the box and understand. No problem at all.
Barb

timmy82
08-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks for your interest. I have never sent cones to Australia. Many inquiries but nobody wants to pay the postage. I checked once and think it was $75 to send just a couple of cones. If you really want some, tell me how many, give me your address, I will pack them up, take to post office and FedEx for shipping quote, then let you know. If you want to pay it, they will be yours, if too high, I will unpack the box and understand. No problem at all.
Barb

Very good I'll send you a Pm and go from their. Would like to be able to support the sponsors on here in one way or another as I can't in too many ways by live stock ect.

Disgirl
08-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Very good I'll send you a Pm and go from their. Would like to be able to support the sponsors on here in one way or another as I can't in too many ways by live stock ect.

Thanks Timmy, sent you a pm about it all. Good of you to want to support the sponsors, even though you are so far away. I think you have SD Australian sponsors who sell fish there?
Barb

Disgirl
08-10-2013, 03:08 PM
My first ever cone sale is going well. I still have a few left:
5, 7, 9, 11 and 13.

They will be on sale until midnight EST Sunday Aug 11. I am also taking orders for any other cones I offer as well as caves and planting dishes. Will be making a new batch of everything starting very soon.
Barb

Chicago Discus
08-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Barb can you make me the really big ones (tall) that I bought from NADA I think its the ones that you use for Angels send me a Paypal I would like four. Just plain clay no glaze.....:):):)........Josie

Disgirl
08-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Will do Josie, I call them my Altum angel cones since they are 16" tall, $25 each. Rather tricky to make them that tall without them collapsing as soon as I make them. They are indeed good for huge discus too. I bill only when they are successfully made and ready to ship. Sometimes bad surprises can happen during firing to 2100 degrees. Will get them made as soon as possible. Thanks!
Barb

Chicago Discus
08-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Will do Josie, I call them my Altum angel cones since they are 16" tall, $25 each. Rather tricky to make them that tall without them collapsing as soon as I make them. They are indeed good for huge discus too. I bill only when they are successfully made and ready to ship. Sometimes bad surprises can happen during firing to 2100 degrees. Will get them made as soon as possible. Thanks!
Barb

Thanks Barb your the best I love those tall cones they work really well on my Jumbos ...josie

timmy82
08-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks Timmy, sent you a pm about it all. Good of you to want to support the sponsors, even though you are so far away. I think you have SD Australian sponsors who sell fish there?
Barb

Yeh we do I use Mal's Aussie FDBW & I ocasionally get discus off a sponsor, but nothing locally produced.