PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Pet Solutions

les2011
08-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I was curious to know if anyone has ever order discus from this site and if so what was your experience with them?

http://www.affordablepetsolutions.com/discus.html

Ryan
08-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Yes, it's Mike Heppner, formerly of Hep's Discus Center. If you do some searches here and on Google you will find various reviews. They were out of the game for a while but they seem to be back now with more than just discus.

I had direct experience with them several (and I do mean several... like, 10+) years ago. They were selling some heckel crosses and a Simply member who lived near them was kind enough to drive up to their facility and hand pick six of them for me. They were separated into their own tank and Hep shipped them to me. When they got here, the bags had leaked so bad that I had to stop at an LFS near the FedEx hub and pay them to let me re-bag the fish myself just to get them home alive. Once they were in the tank they ended up being decent fish, but one had a deformed/dented chin and the Simply member who hand-picked them for me swore that that particular fish was not one of the six he hand-picked. Hep said it was a mix-up, but I don't see how two fish got switched around accidentally once mine were set aside in a separate tank...

The fish were okay but there are sponsors selling very similar (or the exact same, in some instances) strains for about the same price and plenty of happy customers to back them up. Just my 0.02.

Discus-Hans
08-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Ryan, don't think it's Mike. It's David the younger brother,

Hans

Ryan
08-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Oh okay, didn't realize he had a younger brother. I thought it was just Mike and his dad. The About Me page on their site just states it's a family-owned company.

They still sell fish on Aquabid under their old username (Hhtropicalfish) with feedback going all the way back to 2001, so I assumed it was the same operation with a new name...

affordable pet solutions
08-27-2013, 02:20 AM
We are fixing the prices my wife had them down wrong and she takes care of the website and we have been busy with a new baby and wedding and family stuff. We sell on so many websites are to keep up.

affordable pet solutions
08-27-2013, 02:51 AM
So I will Clear the air in this thread..

My name is David Heppner Brother to Mike and my father is Phil.

I'm nothing like Mike when it comes to business or people. My brother Mike was on top of the discus market about 10-12 years ago. He cared more about the money then the people and that's not what I do as a business man and company owner. I don't get on chats or boards much and don't care too. I sell way more then just discus and over 20,000 items in product. Discus is a very small market in what I do and will be doing. Soon I will have over 1,800 tanks and if I wanted I could be on top the discus market as well. (Yes it is true I was going to buy from discus Hans so I didn't have to import but he does not have enough colors for me to want to bring in that much from him. So he didn't want to sell to me. Which I am ok with. He thinks he has the best discus around in the u.s.a which is fine he owns a business and can think that and should as a business owner. I DON'T THINK HE DOES... The best discus come from Asian and will always come out of there in my mind... I have lots of guys overseas that are my friends and I can import from them and will.

I will be coming out with new prices and links and videos of discus in stock and can be shipped over on the same loads as mine. I do not make a case for my brother he ripped people off and thought he had the world at his hands when making orders and getting huge order from people and not keeping good on his words. So PLEASE LEAVE MY NAME AND Affordable Pet Solutions name away from Mike Heppner...

I David Heppner will be bring in some amazing discus which I have not seen amazing discus since my Father paid the money to Import 10 plus years ago. I have spoke to many people and they all feel and guys from overseas feel discus market is very soft and nothing like it once was. I was 17-18 when mike ran the business and watch my father poor money into that business for mike and mike ran it down . I was playing sports and chasing girls so I had better things to do with my time then. I have nothing against Hans Discus but Hans doesn't know where I buy my fish from and Vietnam is not where I get them. We all love or like discus or we would not be on here.

I won't do rants and raves like my brother did on posts many YEARS AGO.. I have a family of all girls and have much better things to do with my life. You can always text or email or even call me to get great deal's on discus or tropical fish and even product.

Second Hand Pat
08-27-2013, 01:22 PM
So I will Clear the air in this thread..

My name is David Heppner Brother to Mike and my father is Phil.

I'm nothing like Mike when it comes to business or people. My brother Mike was on top of the discus market about 10-12 years ago. He cared more about the money then the people and that's not what I do as a business man and company owner. I don't get on chats or boards much and don't care too. I sell way more then just discus and over 20,000 items in product. Discus is a very small market in what I do and will be doing. Soon I will have over 1,800 tanks and if I wanted I could be on top the discus market as well. (Yes it is true I was going to buy from discus Hans so I didn't have to import but he does not have enough colors for me to want to bring in that much from him. So he didn't want to sell to me. Which I am ok with. He thinks he has the best discus around in the u.s.a which is fine he owns a business and can think that and should as a business owner. I DON'T THINK HE DOES... The best discus come from Asian and will always come out of there in my mind... I have lots of guys overseas that are my friends and I can import from them and will.

I will be coming out with new prices and links and videos of discus in stock and can be shipped over on the same loads as mine. I do not make a case for my brother he ripped people off and thought he had the world at his hands when making orders and getting huge order from people and not keeping good on his words. So PLEASE LEAVE MY NAME AND Affordable Pet Solutions name away from Mike Heppner...

I David Heppner will be bring in some amazing discus which I have not seen amazing discus since my Father paid the money to Import 10 plus years ago. I have spoke to many people and they all feel and guys from overseas feel discus market is very soft and nothing like it once was. I was 17-18 when mike ran the business and watch my father poor money into that business for mike and mike ran it down . I was playing sports and chasing girls so I had better things to do with my time then. I have nothing against Hans Discus but Hans doesn't know where I buy my fish from and Vietnam is not where I get them. We all love or like discus or we would not be on here.

I won't do rants and raves like my brother did on posts many YEARS AGO.. I have a family of all girls and have much better things to do with my life. You can always text or email or even call me to get great deal's on discus or tropical fish and even product.

David,

Thanks for setting us straight as to the nature of your business. However please note that Simply sponsors are the only businesses allow to post commercial sales here on Simply. If you have questions please PM me.

Pat