PDA

View Full Version : Difference in varieties

frenchbrit
08-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I have seen the Siver Pigeon blood discus from Hans, the White Butterflies and White Dragons. I really like this color scheme but am not sure about what the differences are. They look very similar and I would like to pick up a few of one of these varieties when I begin stocking my tank. Any experience anyone has with these varieties I would like to hear,

John_Nicholson
08-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Some breeders think up interesting names to help separate the buyer from their money.....

-john

discusbananas
08-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Objective of white butterfly is to be as white as possible on the body. White dragons are checkerboard pigeon blood that have lost or fail to develop the "checkerboard lines ".

Discus-Hans
08-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Neither do I some times lol lol but there are some types out there that are complete different with close the same name, confusing ???? YES very.

But admit: white is just WHITE we call them Silver, sounds way more expensive lol lol

Hans

frenchbrit
09-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Hans,
Do you ever sell the Silver at the 2-2.5 inch stage. I am probably going to have my setup ready in the late September time period
Steve

lipadj46
09-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Hans,
Do you ever sell the Silver at the 2-2.5 inch stage. I am probably going to have my setup ready in the late September time period
Steve

I'm not sure stendker sends the silver pigeons over at that size. Last I asked it was no.

sent from an undisclosed location using morse code

Discus-Hans
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi Steve & Don,

indeed Stendker only ships them 3" and up,

Hans