PDA

View Full Version : Changing color from white to blue

alexsano
09-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi,

I bought a Leopard Snake Red Spot last week and i noticed yesterday that the color has changed. When i transferred the fish last week it was more white with red spots and yesterday it changed into blue with red spots.

Is there anything i am missing or the water condition or food? Eversince i am feeding my discus a frozen blood worms and tetra only since i dont have access to a beef heart.

TIA

Alex

andyman105
09-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi,

It's just added slime coat. Nothing to worry about except if it turns darker up to the fins.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

nc0gnet0
09-10-2013, 08:24 AM
I am betting the different lighting has something to do with it.

camuth8
09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Probably just lighting.

William Palumbo
09-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I believe the blue with the red spots is what you want, or at least for that type of fish...Bill

Madaboutdiscus
09-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Any pics?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

alexsano
09-11-2013, 01:30 AM
thanks for all the feedback. I forgot to post the picture last night and im in the office right now but i will post later when i reach home.

however, last night. I spent few minutes to observed and i noticed that when it got excited the color somehow turned a little white-ish and after reading the replies above looks like it has something to do with the lighting.

Gene
09-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Ever since I moved my turqs to a tank with pool filter sand instead of a white bottom they do the same. The sand looks dark brown until the lights come on, then they lighten up after a few minutes.

vendetta
09-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Also background color affects to discus color... I have sand in my QT tanks and always new guys looks with very nice colors, some discus like blue diamonds looks more whites than blues... but in my display tanks I have sand with dark backgrounds and they change their color colors, further if you have dark substrate.

Actually some wilds like green tefe in QT tanks looks completely yellows with out stress lines, and in the display tanks shows their stress lines as a camouflage

It's normal ;)

alexsano
09-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Hi guys!

i added the photos plus some random photos of my tank. comments and critism are most welcome. ;)

in the fourth picture you can see the leopard white-ish color last week and in the last picture it changed into blue-ish.

@vendetta / gene,

thanks for your input. I assumed that the substrate have a factor in changing color of the fish.