PDA

View Full Version : Led lights question??

melita
09-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Just wondering if led lights would be fine for Discus tank i want a lightly planted show tank .I have a big current light fixture from 120 salt water but that has 6 tubs way to much light i am thinking . What would be type of led that would work will in 90 gallon and still be enough light for few easy plants.

du3ce
09-14-2013, 05:00 PM
look into the current sattelite plus model

Madaboutdiscus
09-14-2013, 06:00 PM
I got a set of beamsworks brand for mine from ebay and theyre great. Plus they have the blue setting mine love.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Len
09-14-2013, 10:49 PM
We have a sponsor that provides LED lighting for planted tanks. They look quite impressive and very comparable to what it cost me to build my own. Try reaching out to http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?280-Build-My-LED-(Nick-Klase)-Austin-Texas

Rick S
09-14-2013, 11:04 PM
TopDogSellers on e-bay.

DonMD
09-15-2013, 05:51 AM
I just purchased a four-foot LED fixture from BuildMyLed, Nick Klase. You can get the light built to highlight the blue, or red highlights. He makes lights for any level of sophistication you may want. Included in my order was a dimmer, so that if I think the light is too much I can dim it. Try his website, buildmyled.com, and you'll see the various levels of lights he offers, depending on how aggressively you want to grow, or not grow, plants. And his prices are competitive.

Frankr409
09-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Just wondering if led lights would be fine for Discus tank i want a lightly planted show tank .I have a big current light fixture from 120 salt water but that has 6 tubs way to much light i am thinking . What would be type of led that would work will in 90 gallon and still be enough light for few easy plants. I am using two aquaray 1500 and one aquaray 2000 attached to their controller on my 110 Angel tank. The plants are growing noticeably better now that I am using lights that are correct. There are cheaper ways to go with LED but you get what you pay for.

netlooose
09-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Good post. I was wondering about LED lights, I might learn something here.