PDA

View Full Version : Wattley Scorpion cross F2

Rudra
09-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi Folks,
I was informed by my local breeder that he has Wattley Scorpion F2 cross juvies coming soon. Since I wasnt entirely sure what they are, could someone help me with this? any idea on how the discus would look - and what exactly the parents are?

camuth8
09-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Try just looking it up on google images. I haven't personally heard of this type of Wattley strain.

John_Nicholson
09-24-2013, 08:00 PM
A scorpion is generally a cross between a solid fish and a SS. Most common are BD X Blue SS. The fish is mainly solid with some very fine striations in the face and the fins.

-john

TNT77
09-25-2013, 12:10 AM
I would be more worried about the Wattley F2 part since Mr. Wattley has not bred any new strains in many many years that I know of. Are these from Gabe?

Rudra
09-25-2013, 08:56 AM
A scorpion is generally a cross between a solid fish and a SS. Most common are BD X Blue SS. The fish is mainly solid with some very fine striations in the face and the fins.

-john

Thanks John.

Rudra
09-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I would be more worried about the Wattley F2 part since Mr. Wattley has not bred any new strains in many many years that I know of. Are these from Gabe?

No they are from Archer - Whitby - Canada.

camuth8
09-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I would be more worried about the Wattley F2 part since Mr. Wattley has not bred any new strains in many many years that I know of.

Yeah, he isn't as popular as he used to be with all his strains. You rarely see any Wattley types anywhere. I'm guessing the breeder just made the name up to make it sound professional.

TNT77
09-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah, he isn't as popular as he used to be with all his strains. You rarely see any Wattley types anywhere. I'm guessing the breeder just made the name up to make it sound professional.
I don't think its popularity really but the fact that Mr Wattley himself is retired and has been for a really long time.

camuth8
09-28-2013, 08:37 AM
I don't think its popularity really but the fact that Mr Wattley himself is retired and has been for a really long time.

Yeah, but it also seems like he used to be "the man" back when he was in business. Now, we just think of him as one of the most famous discus breeders out there, even though he doesn't breed anymore. I agree in a way, too.:)