PDA

View Full Version : teenagers love discus! i know i do

jipee
10-03-2013, 11:20 PM
my name is john but please call me jipee, im 13 and have been breeding tropical fish for about 9 years!
ive bred guppies, watchman gobies(which is 'very' very hard!), clownfish, bettas(currently) and now discus;)
i also grow orchids in a greenhouse and have created a couple of my own chemistry equations(such as photosynthesis
aided nutrient export in low n03 soils)

WOW it felt good to blurt that out!
here is my spawned pair of pigeon blood, waiting for another spawn so i can cover the eggs so they won't eat them like the last 3 times!:mad:
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y423/shnizzlegigas/IMG_15821_zpsbbab4001.jpg
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y423/shnizzlegigas/IMG_15811_zpsc491f2dd.jpghttp://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y423/shnizzlegigas/IMG_15751_zpsfe6b12de.jpg

PP_GBR
10-03-2013, 11:52 PM
JP

Welcome. Love to see everything. Keep us posted.

dillpickle
10-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Hi and Welcome! I too am a teenager (14) and breeding tropical fish too. I am also breeding discus with a pigeon blood pair right now. (pic in my avatar) Got a bunch of fry I am raising right now and I have learnt so much from this awesome site. There is a lot of good info and alot of very kind and helpful people! Good luck with your next spawn!:D

Ryan
10-04-2013, 05:35 AM
It's good to see young people interested in the hobby!

I've been keeping fish since I was a little kid, then got into breeding angelfish at 11 or 12 and had my first discus at 13. I definitely went through a sharp learning curve because there weren't many good discus websites in the early days of AOL. Most of my info came from 10+ year old books from the LFS.

Spawning/raising fish is always a rewarding feeling. Good luck on the next spawn. Don't get too discouraged if they eat the eggs -- sometimes it takes them a while to get everything right.

BODYDUB
10-07-2013, 11:18 AM
It feels good to read a thread like this on young people not only taking up discus as a hobby, but to actually breed them, wow I applaud you jipee..........

musicmarn1
10-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Jipee WELCOME !! That makes me so happy that someone your age is already so accomplished, my goodness well done. Really lovely thread to read. Hope we can see more teenagers find their way here, you have a lot to offer this forum. Love your Discus and see you already know a lot how did you learn about discus?

musicmarn1
10-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Dial pickle I had no idea you were so young too! How amazing that your raising fry!! :D that's bloody brilliant, stunning fish and will now look to see your fry thread :o

Hi and Welcome! I too am a teenager (14) and breeding tropical fish too. I am also breeding discus with a pigeon blood pair right now. (pic in my avatar) Got a bunch of fry I am raising right now and I have learnt so much from this awesome site. There is a lot of good info and alot of very kind and helpful people! Good luck with your next spawn!:D

jipee
10-09-2013, 12:38 AM
thank you all very much!
you know; they only person i know that is breeding fish is my friend who's got mollies!