PDA

View Full Version : Segrest Farms

g_passwaters
10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Ok, has anybody ever gotten any discus from Segrest Farms. All of my discus are from Gwynnbrooke Farms in Owings Mill, MD. My local Petco(i know, I know its a retail chain store) told me they could get me discus from Segrest. They've always been good with all the other fish I've gotten from there, but again we're talking about discus- not cichlids or angelfish. It would just save me from making a 2 hour trip(though I have really been wanting to get a few from Discus Hans, and he is not much farther than Gwynnbrooke).

g_passwaters
10-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Segrest wholesales to many lfs aslo..

Go to hans.. best option..

How is peter place?

I've been there twice now. Both times were great. I would be looking at the discus I wanted and he would find the best specimens in the tank and tell me why they were the best(shape, colors, etc). Its a little scary the first time you go cause its inside this old barn/building that looks a little rough. But my fish have done great other than I made the mistake of trying to save a discus from a lfs one time and when it died it took my leopard from peter out with it:(

BigPoecilia
11-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Hans is good, and so is Peter. I've been to his place a couple years ago or so. It was nice and cozy in the barn since it was cold out. It was sort of neat how he heated the barn with that old stove using oak leaves. We had a great conversation about Horst Linke and Altum Angelfish. I learned some stuff that day. I was always taught to respect people who are older than me. Peter was no exception. He had just got back from Holland judging a Discus Show and took time out to converse with me about breeding Angelfish and Discus. I really enjoyed our time together.

Lionel