PDA

View Full Version : Worries :/

thangnguyen76
10-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Should I be worry about my new discus having disease? I leech some of my filter media from my 350 gallon tank for the cycle of the discus tank. I have treated the big tank with formalin and other medicine in the past even when it wasn't sick I still treated them to make sure that I will not get any disease in it... I have not introduce anything new to that tank since the start up of the 350. So I guess it would be ok to use it filter media right? (I already did) :o

troysdiiscus
10-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Hey thangnguyen, well it will have to be a wait and see. There is a chance you wont have an issue or you may. Now you say you treated your main tank with formalin and other meds even though there were not any illness?? Why?? I would treat the water for anything unless you have diagnosed properly what the illness is and the proper meds to use. All your fish needs is good clean water. No meds unless absolutely needed.

DiscusLoverJeff
10-31-2013, 09:49 AM
First off, you have a 350 gal tank and we have not seen any pictures?

Secondly, as Troy mentioned, why would you treat a tank when there is no signs of a problem, especially a tank that size, that's a lot of medication?

What size tank are you setting up now? There are other options to cycling a new tank that would not harm the new owners without risking "used" media.