PDA

View Full Version : Will this work

mr limpet
11-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I have a pair of red turqs in a tank with other turqs. I see their breeding tubes have dropped. It's not the first time they have laid eggs in this tank. Every other time the eggs are eaten. They are only 4 and a half inches big. Should I put them in their own 20 gallon tank using the water and sponge filters from the tank they are in to seed the new tank?They are about 14 months old.

rdiscus
11-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Yes that work

John_Nicholson
11-05-2013, 09:32 AM
It would but I ask why? Is there a reason that they are only 4 1/2 inches at 14 months? Did something in their raising stunt them or are they genetically small? I know everyone has their own goals and my opinions are not necessarily held by all but I always try to only breed high quality fish. Now obviously I have never seen the fish or know their history so I might be off base but unless you can say that they are quality fish then I would not attempt to breed them.

Good luck however you go.

-john

mr limpet
11-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I got them about 7 months ago. They were 3 and a half inches at that time. I did 50 percent water changes at that time every 3 days. Down to 50 percent wc 2 times a week. Feeding 3 times a day. They look healthy to me. Maybe if I had changed the water every day they would be bigger. I don't know.