PDA

View Full Version : HELY ADMIN OR NEW MODERATORS

DiscusDrew
11-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Please send me a PM, my moderator settings in my sponsor section are wrong, its saying I can only post one video....

Ryan
11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
The forum settings for all members are one video per post. I cannot change this based on which group you belong to -- it's a forum-wide setting that has to be the same for everyone. You will have to post one video per reply.

DiscusDrew
11-26-2013, 09:39 PM
When the hell did that change, I cant imagine Hans was happy about that either....

DiscusDrew
11-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Or any of us who sell fish as sponsors.....

DiscusDrew
11-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Two hours typing up a massive sale and linking videos, only to find that out, sorry not particularly pleased what that money paid for.... and yes, we pay you money to sell fish..

DiscusDrew
11-26-2013, 10:06 PM
This isn't feedback, its a change, it was not this was check out all my other fish for sale threads in my sponsor section. Im just asking because it seems like a mistake

Skip
11-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Hans put list of direct links..

DiscusDrew
11-26-2013, 10:30 PM
You changed your name!!! haha, yeah I see he changed to that, I suppose that's how Ill have to edit it down, but you know we all used to post our videos directly

Skip
11-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Yep

Ryan
11-26-2013, 10:49 PM
No one is preventing you from selling fish. Hans posts direct links to videos. If you want to embed them, it's one per post. Other sponsors are doing that without issue. I looked into changing this for sponsors and paid members, but as I said, it's a global setting in the software that is the same for everyone, otherwise I would increase the number for various groups.

If this is something you'd like to speak to Al about, I'll email him and ask him to call you.

Second Hand Pat
11-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Drew, I checked a couple of your past threads and only saw one video per post. I do not recall seeing more than one video per post except as direct links. Consider posting your sale across multiple posts.
Pat

Wes
11-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Drew, I checked a couple of your past threads and only saw one video per post. I do not recall seeing more than one video per post except as direct links. Consider posting your sale across multiple posts.
Pat

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?83882-Post-your-favorite-discus-videos This one seems to have a few of them.

Ryan
11-27-2013, 11:00 AM
^ That thread is from three years ago. We've been through multiple software updates since then. There was a time when the default was five videos per thread but that causes heavy load times on threads and so it was reduced to one video per post. Note that this is per post, not per thread. If you look at Drew's sponsor forum, you will see that all of his threads contain single videos per post. This setting has not changed since Drew became a sponsor.