PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong

Oneten
11-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi every 1 its me again, my pair still have not lay wonder what am i doing wrong. I got a pair of discus which lay and I got about 20 free swimmer which died because they was around the sponge filter and not the parents so they died lack of food. Now I make a overflow syphon and a sump take out the sponge filter so the tank was all white. Now I had a breeding pair before and they lay every 7 days and this pair lay about 3 month ago, so what am I doing wrong. They lay the eggs when the tds was about 85. There are cleaning the slate alot and doing there little wiggling so i think something still there, at the moment my tds is about 75 i got a air line with some k1 in the tank as well r may b the change it take them longer to settle down. let mi know wat u all think

Should I put a sponge filter in the tank

BODYDUB
11-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Some people do a water change with lower temperature water to stimulate breeding............

TheMutlu
11-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Some people do a water change with lower temperature water to stimulate breeding............

deffinetly.ı agree this opinion.

DiscusLoverJeff
11-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Patients young grasshopper. Nature will let them know when to spawn.

But a good cool water change may help.

Nick Klimkowski
11-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Patients young grasshopper. Nature will let them know when to spawn.

But a good cool water change may help.

i agree with jeff, also i have had pairs that go on a cycle where they will breed for a while and then stop for a while, it just takes patients and daily 50% water changes...lol. good luck.

p.s. Patients young grasshopper. Nature will let them know when to spawn...lol. jeff

-Nick

nc0gnet0
11-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Best way to get a pair to spawn is buy another pair. Works everytime.

Oneten
11-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Where is the best place to buy some AClass discus?

BODYDUB
11-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Best way to get a pair to spawn is buy another pair. Works everytime.
Or have everybody drop their keys in a bowl and then..........................Wait, wrong website.

banks2
11-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Or have everybody drop their keys in a bowl and then..........................Wait, wrong website.

Ha ha !!!

Wes
12-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Where is the best place to buy some AClass discus?

Kenny http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?119-Kenny-s-Discus-(Kenny-Cheung)-Daly-City-California
Hans http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?114-Discus-Hans-USA-Maryland

ktltn04
12-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Just keep good water for them. You will never know. My CBs pair sometimes will lay eggs again after 3-4 days from the previous batch. Sometimes they will stop for 2-3 weeks. Just condition with good food and clean water. Sometimes live feed will also help them to spawn.