PDA

View Full Version : 100 galon planting carpet help needed

mmdiscus1
12-04-2013, 07:14 AM
Hi,

I will try to be as specific as possible. My lightning 2x 36w philips t8 tubes. My tank is about 100 gallon, 160cm lenght, 60 cm height 45cm width. Low tech, eheim 2217 filtration 1000gallon/hour. Lights are on timer about 9 hours a day.
Ph 7.4, tds 460, kh gh about 15 on API liquid tests, temp 28 degrees celcius. I add mikro/macro elements weekly in liquid form, not other fertilization, no co2.

Currently have 9 cherry barrbs and 3 corydoras sterbai, this is goign to be discus tank eventually.

I am sending pics of my tank, my lightning, new carpet i bought(still trying to figure out its name its also on this forum on another thread) and u will see left side of the tank in th background plant with huge leaves melted- result of me starting this week dosing with flourish excel. I will remove that plant anyway, its very tall and leaves are on th surface catching gunk and food, etc.

My fish started picking/earing my new carpet from day 1, so i covered it with a net you can see below. After i added Sachem flourish excel, as stated for initial dosing on the package, some plants melted a bit no problem i was expecting that, but looks like carpet melted a bit too, or is it that it started rotting , i am now sure...

Carpet in tabk only for four days now. Need your advice guys please:
1) is my current lightning adequate for this plantd tank
2) how to be with carpet ?

Thank you!

I started this discussion on plntedtank too, because it looks like a plant issue more than discusissue. But since i am SD follower, and most of the times i am here, wanted your feedback too guys.. I am senging link to the thread i started there ithas lotsof pictures from my tank and my problem. (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494681)