PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the novice question......

we4wieners
01-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Can you mix strains? Are there certain strains more aggressive than others? I am sure there is a sticky I didn't find it.

Nick Klimkowski
01-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Yes you can mix strains, but I would recommend if you are buying different strains from different suppliers that you quarantine them in a separate tank. hth

we4wieners
01-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Yes you can mix strains, but I would recommend if you are buying different strains from different suppliers that you quarantine them in a separate tank. hth

I definitely will, always have a hospital tank set up for Q-tine. Thank you for replying.

Keith Perkins
01-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Most definitely can mix strains, most people do. Aggressiveness is more a function of the individual fish than the strain.

MrsIHguy
01-12-2014, 04:09 PM
I prefer to mix strains in my display tanks! It provides a rainbow of colors to enjoy

:antlers:

blueluv
01-12-2014, 05:26 PM

Agreed. IMO , I would go with one supplier and buy the assortment you're looking for. Then look for a strain you absolutely must have and buy it , at that point don't forget to quarantine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)