PDA

View Full Version : Keep help

robbie0920
01-27-2014, 04:06 AM
I'm new here and new to discus fish keeping. I have kept cichlids for many years now,but would love to get a few discus. I really need a good care sheet with all the important things I should know, alot of care sheets I have found say alot of different things. I have a thirty gal tank. Need to know how many I can house in the tank I have and a good care sheet please help thank you........

CShanks
01-27-2014, 04:59 AM
Reed the sticky posts you will find all info there.

Elliots
01-27-2014, 08:32 AM
I would pass on Discus with a 30 gallon tank. It just is not big enough. Spernd a few hours reading SD and you will see what to do.

Second Hand Pat
01-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Hi Robbie and welcome to Simply. You may find keeping discus a bit different then keeping other cichlids. You will find a wealth on information on this site and I suggest you start in the beginner section. You will find a variety of sticky's which will help you discover this wonderful fish. A good starting point is here http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?86009-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Getting-Started-with-Discus. As you read you will discover due to the size of discus a 30 gallon is too small for adults but is a good starting point for a grow out tank depending on the number of juvies.
Pat