PDA

View Full Version : C.A.P.S.

TropicalCreations
02-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Hello, I would like to let everyone know that there is a new aquarium plant group in Ohio. The group is Call C.A.P.S which stands for Columbus Aquarium Plant Society. This club, will consist of quarterly meetings at various places for now, sponsors from various companies, monthly photo contest, and yearly competition that would consist of building a new planted aquarium, posting pictures of the process and then having a captive audience judge the finalist at the CAFE Expos in March. The winner would receive a cash prize and 2nd/ 3rd place winners would winner items from our sponsors.

By no means am I trying to take away from other local fish clubs but think it would be cool to have a group of people who are into planted tanks. We would work beside ALL clubs to help both of our clubs grow together and spread our passion for fish/ plants across the city and state of Ohio. I would like to start this club sometime in March if enough people would be interested. Ideas for this years talks would consist of proper substrates/ fertilizers, Best lighting for your aquarium, nano tanks: what it takes to have a successful nano tank, and Paludariums. Please feel free to post here with any thoughts/ comments.

For more info please email me at tropicalcreations@yahoo.com

TropicalCreations
02-12-2014, 02:01 PM
First meeting is this Saturday at 7pm. If you are interested and didn't get an email please pm me and let me know with your email address in the pm.