PDA

View Full Version : Never order fish from Somethingsphishy site again

James1579
02-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Discus fans:
I recently ordered 30 discus from Somethingsphishy.com and their fishes are not healthy and super skinny. I am just wondering if any of you guys got this bad quality fishes from them before. Thanks.

Second Hand Pat
02-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Sorry to hear James. This link is a collection of livestock reports from members who have bought from Somethingsphishy. somethingsphishy feedback (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?41161-somethingsphishy-feedback)

Chad Adams
02-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear. Wish you could have found us first.

Now that you have, there's lots to learn.

Welcome to Simply

Elliots
02-23-2014, 06:03 PM
James, I see no one has told you yet, buy from a SD sponsor.

dirtyplants
02-23-2014, 06:36 PM
I am poor don't have a lot of money to throw away, so I do the research and even after the research is done I seek out people you have had experience with the choices I have narrowed down to. I have grilled people who have given me names of individuals they say are good people to purchase from. Then I ask of the names given which is your go to person? Then and only then do I make a decision. After, I will write an email to or call and see if they respond or how quickly they respond just to see how they do business personally.

BODYDUB
02-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Dang, people often find this site too little too late............

SortSay2003
02-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi James1579,

Sorry to hear about your BAD experience. I too, almost order 30 discus from them over a year ago. But what deterred me was the RIDICULOUS, OUTRAGES shipping rate (over $450+)!!!!! I'm glad I kept up with my research, found SD, and a certain sponsor here that I promote regularly and buy from:)

Wish you all the BEST in the future!

wolfel
02-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Maybe you can try to sell them to your LFS or through craigslist if you don't like them. I saw once for a while some very low quality discus appearing on local craigslist, asking for top notch prices, but sold out within weeks.

nc0gnet0
02-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Maybe you can try to sell them to your LFS or through craigslist if you don't like them. I saw once for a while some very low quality discus appearing on local craigslist, asking for top notch prices, but sold out within weeks.

I fail to see how someone that is complaining about poor quality fish he just purchased could then turn around and do the same thing?

wolfel
02-24-2014, 01:23 AM
I fail to see how someone that is complaining about poor quality fish he just purchased could then turn around and do the same thing?

Sorry for the confusion. I am not saying the OP should advertise them as a "good quality fish" and cheat the others. I am just describing an option based on what I saw from craigslist. BTW I didn't do that myself because I agreed that it is like cheating other fellow discus keeper.

John_Nicholson
02-24-2014, 09:39 AM

I agree. If they are low quality just cull them and go on. Don't passed the problem to anyone else. I would also suggest bleaching your tank before getting more fish.

-john

farebox
02-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Agree 100% what John just said . I made the same mistake when I got started. Buy from SD sponsors and you won't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James1579
02-24-2014, 01:19 PM
to all:
Thank you for telling me about them. I didn't know I was just browsing online and saw their advertisement and they look cheap. Yes, they have all these disease fishes. I tried to contact them and no response they also shut down my account right after that. What kind of business are they? Anyway, thanks ya!

Elliots
02-24-2014, 01:33 PM
I disagree with culling the fish. I would put them on Craigslist and in the Craigslist ad I would say the real reason I am selling the fish. If someone wants to rehab them or just wants to try Discus let them know the story so they will be an informed buyer. No one but the original poster of this thread knows why they do not like the Discus they bought and no one knows how well the fish could turn out with the proper conditions for Discus. I also would not just put them on Craigslist without stating correctly why I am selling.

CobaltBerry
02-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Well this is interesting (reasons they can refuse giving you a refund):
Fish that die and dishonesty or fraud can be established on the part of the customer, or if a customer uses abusive language or profanity when communicating with us.

Could you imagine if all vendors listed abusive language or profanity as a reason to refuse your refund? I've worked in a call center, a good 20% of my calls included both.

I wonder if a BBB complaint would help? They already have an F, so maybe not. http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/tropical-fish-dealers/somethingsphishycom-in-riverview-fl-90011934

DLock3d
02-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Cull, cut your losses and move on. Sorry James, never fun to get excited about receiving fish only to find they're of inferior quality.

Skip
02-24-2014, 03:33 PM
online buying is buyers beware... there is always a risk.. sight unseen..

one should ALWAYS do internet search.. just now googling "somethingsphishy"

brings up several links.. the first one is their website. and rest have phrases like "somethingsphishy feedback" simply discus <-- right under the website search.. or ripoff, scam.. better business bureau.. complaints.. etc.. just a little digging SHOULD give red flags

its a bummer you found SD to late.. 30 fish is a very large order.. hopefully your post will prevent others from doing the same..

aquadon2222
02-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Sounds like the name "Somethingsfishy" says it all.

pcsb23
02-25-2014, 05:03 AM
I think this thread has run it's course. We already have a mahoosive feedback thread for this supplier which can be found here (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?41161-somethingsphishy-feedback).

Mind the doors please.