PDA

View Full Version : kaldnesss

ganesan
03-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Its the best media (kaldness) for less maintenance and grows a lot of beneficial bacteria as compared to other medias in the sump.My query is that how long does it take a sump with kaldness only media with water agitated strongly to grow optimal beneficial bacteria to break up the ammonia,nitrites and nitrates..2 to 3 months at least or more. I have just got kaldness and am starting it tomorrow in the sump, so was just curious.

Inland Empire Discus
03-03-2014, 02:58 PM
If you use one of the products like pure aquarium or pure pond to add in with the Kaldness it can cycle and have beneficial bacteria in as little as a couple of weeks. Give me a call if you want more info on either of these products. 909-349-0033

ganesan
03-03-2014, 05:35 PM
:) Thanks for the reply, also one query is that my sump size is 40" x 15 " x 12 " total size. Does size matter according to main tank size. my main tank is 60" x 24" x24".I have seen photos on you tube with large sumps used in some blue plastic barrels which may be about 4 feet high. These sure are going hold a lot of medias.
Is pure aquarium and pure pond some kind of beneficial bacteria liquid or powder.

Len
03-04-2014, 11:26 PM
:) Thanks for the reply, also one query is that my sump size is 40" x 15 " x 12 " total size. Does size matter according to main tank size. my main tank is 60" x 24" x24".I have seen photos on you tube with large sumps used in some blue plastic barrels which may be about 4 feet high. These sure are going hold a lot of medias.
Is pure aquarium and pure pond some kind of beneficial bacteria liquid or powder.

Yes Pure Pnd and Pure Aquarium are beneficial bacteria that you can throw in the fluid bed filter with the kaldness. I use Pure Pond and it is amazing stuff.