PDA

View Full Version : Kordons Ich Cure

32Bit_Fish
03-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Does anyone has success treating their discus with Kordon's Ich Cure? It is herb based medication and it claims that this product is very gentle on fish. But some stated it is useless treating Ich.

My discus has Ich.

Elliots
03-21-2014, 07:10 AM
I do not know about that med. but Ich is rare in Discus because Discus temps. usually kill Ich. Are you sure it is not Velvet or a fungus?

Codemonkey
03-21-2014, 08:20 AM
I have used its counter part rid ich plus by kordon recently and it was very effective. Its not a harsh med and didnt stress my discus at all. I would go for the rid ich plus and continue your daily water changes hope all goes well.

32Bit_Fish
03-21-2014, 08:46 AM
There is a white spot (like a grain of salt) on one side of the body. It looks very round ans solid white. There are tiny white area (more like fungus) on the side of mouth. It's hard to tell whether they are ich or fungus. The fish still eats and it is currently under Praziquantel treatment for flukes and it has almost 2 weeks of Praziquantal treatment in a 20G BB tank. There are two adult discus (4.5") in this tank. The another one doesn't eat completely, but no white poos. I have been overdosing of Praziquantel as Paul suggested at 2mg per liter. I have been dosing 8mg per gallon or sometime 1/4 teaspoon after each 70% daily w/c. I've also added Metronidazole with Praziquantel.

Fish don't show any signs of flukes now. So I'm going to remove the med by 75% today and see what happen. Hopefully they will be alright.

They could be stressed by the med