PDA

View Full Version : Plastic cardboard

Searley
04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Has anyone used the "plastic cardboard" they sell at Home Depot?
Is it fish safe? Was thinking of using it along tank divider to block view between tank sections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skip
04-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Has anyone used the "plastic cardboard" they sell at Home Depot?
Is it fish safe? Was thinking of using it along tank divider to block view between tank sections.

what is this!? the stuff they use to make FOR SALE SIGNS?

Searley
04-04-2014, 06:14 PM
It's corrugated like cardboard, so pretty sturdy but made of lightweight white plastic.. Comes in a 3' x 6' sheet for around $14

Len
04-04-2014, 07:16 PM
It's coraplast. Would work.

JmDiscuss
04-25-2014, 11:50 AM
It's corrugated like cardboard, so pretty sturdy but made of lightweight white plastic.. Comes in a 3' x 6' sheet for around $14

Really need to know what kind of plastic it is, some plastics have flame retardant in them, like ABS, what your computer is made of, and I do not know if they are harmful to fish life

Len
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
It's called coroplast or sometimes corex (sp), and it really doesn't matter what the plastic is made of because it is outside of the tank :) Another think you may consider is the film that they stick to it for the letters (when making signs). You can buy it at the same places that sell the coroplast and it comes in many colours that you can stick to the outside of the tank just like putting tint on a car window. If you get tired of it or want to remove it for any reason you can just peal it off.

April
04-26-2014, 11:45 AM
I've used it to stop humidity on top of tAnks at night . No issues.

Sent by tapatalk in north Burnaby

JmDiscuss
04-28-2014, 03:21 PM
It's called coroplast or sometimes corex (sp), and it really doesn't matter what the plastic is made of because it is outside of the tank :) Another think you may consider is the film that they stick to it for the letters (when making signs). You can buy it at the same places that sell the coroplast and it comes in many colours that you can stick to the outside of the tank just like putting tint on a car window. If you get tired of it or want to remove it for any reason you can just peal it off.

Sorry miss read, I thought it was inside.. Just a note some plastic additives do leach out in water, there are a lot of chemicals they use, and in signs, there is UV additives so they do not fade or not fade as fast over time. Just think a little about what it is mainly used for.

And if you are from California, everything causes cancer..

Jerry

Searley
04-28-2014, 09:50 PM
I was asking about using inside tank.