PDA

View Full Version : DAS hits again - 5 new discus + a tank!

kkdiscus
04-12-2014, 11:16 AM
I have been busy treating my discus with various medicines in the last few weeks. I lost about 8 discus... :(

Managed to get the disease under control now...and most except 2 are already eating well and swimming fine.

Went to my local fish store again yesterday. One of the fish store owner was putting 20pcs of newly arrived discus into the tank. All around 4" long, and selling at a bargain price of USD12 per fish!

I knew I should buy any...as my main tank are still with sick fish and throwing the new fish into the tank is like killing them. Still, I couldn't resist the price and the quality of the fish...and chose 5! (Initially I thought of just getting 2)

This is what I bought:

https://scontent-b-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1546204_10202634497198233_1785226557721463008_n.jp g

Undeciding where to put the fish, I went to another fish store to buy the red worm. Then I saw a small 65L tank. I thought it might be nice as a temporary quarantine tank for my new 5 discus, and I can use it as my breeding tank as well! Since I have been spending so much money on discus, I shouldn't risk their life by mixing them again. So PAT was right...it is now TAS (tank acquisition syndrome...)...

I plan to return to the fish store again tomorrow to see what's left. There are still some nice one after I picked 5...

Jstaabs
04-12-2014, 03:13 PM
That's a good price and nice looking fish

Susie
04-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Very nice fish! Definitely worth buying a new tank for. Remember, don't use the same vacuums, etc on both tanks. You could spread what the sick discus have.

phalough
04-21-2014, 11:55 PM
I have been busy treating my discus with various medicines in the last few weeks. I lost about 8 discus... :(

Managed to get the disease under control now...and most except 2 are already eating well and swimming fine.

Went to my local fish store again yesterday. One of the fish store owner was putting 20pcs of newly arrived discus into the tank. All around 4" long, and selling at a bargain price of USD12 per fish!

I knew I should buy any...as my main tank are still with sick fish and throwing the new fish into the tank is like killing them. Still, I couldn't resist the price and the quality of the fish...and chose 5! (Initially I thought of just getting 2)

This is what I bought:

https://scontent-b-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1546204_10202634497198233_1785226557721463008_n.jp g

Undeciding where to put the fish, I went to another fish store to buy the red worm. Then I saw a small 65L tank. I thought it might be nice as a temporary quarantine tank for my new 5 discus, and I can use it as my breeding tank as well! Since I have been spending so much money on discus, I shouldn't risk their life by mixing them again. So PAT was right...it is now TAS (tank acquisition syndrome...)...

I plan to return to the fish store again tomorrow to see what's left. There are still some nice one after I picked 5...

Dropping ph may help

niqhil
04-22-2014, 12:06 AM
That really is a great price for such beautiful discus ! Where is this shop :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rickztahone
04-22-2014, 12:27 AM
These discus were put in to the new tank you purchased correct? I hope I understand that correctly.

If this is the case, make sure that you are using different equipment, like hoses, nets and such. This lowers the risks of you getting the new discus sick. Crazy discus prices in Malaysia!

kkdiscus
04-28-2014, 09:29 AM
That really is a great price for such beautiful discus ! Where is this shop :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Is in Malaysia, Johor states.

These discus were put in to the new tank you purchased correct? I hope I understand that correctly.

If this is the case, make sure that you are using different equipment, like hoses, nets and such. This lowers the risks of you getting the new discus sick. Crazy discus prices in Malaysia!

Yes, they were in the new tank I purchased together. I use my hands to transfer them from plastic bag to the tank. I got different siphon for each tank. As for net, I dry each one under the sun if I were to use them on different tank. Maybe I should get more nets... :p