PDA

View Full Version : Discus Hans Beef Mix

32Bit_Fish
04-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Does Hans still using red paprika powder in his beef mix? I noticed his frozen beef mix has this dark red color and discus go crazy on them. Is it because the spice make discus go crazy?

Skip
04-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Ask hans

32Bit_Fish
04-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Ask hans

I did. No response.

Skip
04-23-2014, 10:41 PM
I did. No response.

Email him.... not pm on sd

moto250mx
04-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Yes he does...He told me the ingredients on Saturday when I visited him...My Cardinal Tetras LOVE IT!...I believe he told me there is peas in it as well.

Jason

Discus-Hans
04-24-2014, 12:45 AM
I did. No response.

?????????????????? What's your name, I'm answering all emails for today, if you don't get an answer, I didn't get your email.

I wish everybody would put their real name here on Simply, would make my life so much easier lol lol lol

Hans

Discus-Hans
04-24-2014, 12:49 AM
Does Hans still using red paprika powder in his beef mix? I noticed his frozen beef mix has this dark red color and discus go crazy on them. Is it because the spice make discus go crazy?

It's because the secret stuff I put in now, it works like crack on them lol lol

Hans

musicmarn1
04-24-2014, 02:55 AM
Ok I'm ordering some first thing tomorrow!! Mine is like bad dip at a party.....it just sits there, pasty and uneaten!!, nothing worse to a woman than her food not being eaten LOL I need beefheart crack please ! I have organic fresh hearts too such a waste ;)

32Bit_Fish
04-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Two of my Asian discus started going crazy on Hans beef mix. I'm mixing them with my own beef heart mix + garlic.

It's like watching WFW in my tank during feeding. There is no such thing as shy discus in my tank during feeding. Everyone is fighting to get some beef mix.

Rudustin
04-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Two of my Asian discus started going crazy on Hans beef mix. I'm mixing them with my own beef heart mix + garlic.

It's like watching WFW in my tank during feeding. There is no such thing as shy discus in my tank during feeding. Everyone is fighting to get some beef mix.

Same with my discus.

32Bit_Fish
04-24-2014, 10:44 PM
I feel there is no need to feed them frozen food such as hikari BW and BS. I don't see a point to feed them any other food besides beef mix. BM is relatively cheap and nutritious. The only problem that come with that is messy and more wc are needed.

I feed them many times a day to make sure their stomach is always bloat. Am I overfeeding them? I do 75% wc every 2 days.

Discus-Hans
04-24-2014, 11:04 PM
If it's messy, you feed way to much. If you feed them like they bloat, you feed too much, cut down 50%. Lesser messy and still enough,

On the other hand........ the more you feed, the more food you need....... the more I sell lol lol (just kidding)

Hans

32Bit_Fish
04-25-2014, 07:24 AM
I feel they grow faster when their stomach are always bloat.

Rudustin
04-25-2014, 08:55 AM
If it's messy, you feed way to much. If you feed them like they bloat, you feed too much, cut down 50%. Lesser messy and still enough,

On the other hand........ the more you feed, the more food you need....... the more I sell lol lol (just kidding)

Hans I feed my discus about four times a day with Han's meat mix when I am home. Otherwise they only get fed twice a day. The feedings are light feedings.

32Bit_Fish
04-25-2014, 10:52 AM
It is also fun to watch them eat. So I feed them 10 times a day when I'm home.

Discus-Hans
04-25-2014, 11:25 AM
I feel they grow faster when their stomach are always bloat.

Uhhhhhh okay

Hans

musicmarn1
04-25-2014, 03:37 PM
lol !!! :jester::spit:

Oh Hans can you tell me how much for a pound or half a pound of beef heart mix if you could kindly sell me some? and i just paypal you ?

Discusdude7
04-25-2014, 03:55 PM
lol !!! :jester::spit:

Oh Hans can you tell me how much for a pound or half a pound of beef heart mix if you could kindly sell me some? and i just paypal you ?

Marnie if I was you I would email him, also I would buy more than a pound, it goes fast. My fish love it as well

musicmarn1
04-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Great tip ty!

Quintin
04-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Could hans put a recipy like jhon nicolson.compare the two.would be interesting.Suppose it up to you what you put in and see what works for ue discus

musicmarn1
04-25-2014, 08:10 PM
He sells his so recipe for his might not be a great idea LOL

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

ronald sherman
04-25-2014, 08:44 PM
han's how much would shipping be for two, pound's I'm pretty local phila pa 19111 only about 100 miles called but think I got you at a busy time

Discus-Hans
04-25-2014, 10:50 PM
han's how much would shipping be for two, pound's I'm pretty local phila pa 19111 only about 100 miles called but think I got you at a busy time

Ronald, when did you call?? I've no missed calls on my phone, shoot me an email discus-hans@comcast.net Don't want to discuss shipping pricing on the forum.

Problem is, it's for every zip different, not everybody understands this, it's not mine, it's FedEx's pricing.

Don't order the food over the online store, it's based on shipping Discus (and water = heavy) to most places I can ship the food cheaper.

Send me an email and I give you shipping cost for my smallest box, for shipping 1 LB to max. 7 LBS of the food (shipping stays the same for 1 or 7LBS). Food is $15/lb

Hans

32Bit_Fish
04-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Meh... My water started getting cloudy. It was crystal clear before I started going with the beef mix feeding routine. I guess I would have to increase W/C and feed less BM.

Discus-Hans
04-26-2014, 09:01 PM
I feed them many times a day to make sure their stomach is always bloat. Am I overfeeding them? I do 75% wc every 2 days.

It is also fun to watch them eat. So I feed them 10 times a day when I'm home.

Meh... My water started getting cloudy. It was crystal clear before I started going with the beef mix feeding routine. I guess I would have to increase W/C and feed less BM.

Yes, I think you feed too much,

Hans

32Bit_Fish
04-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Hans,

How much food do Standker feed their discus everyday? Do you know? 10+ times of feeding until they get bloat?

Discus-Hans
04-26-2014, 09:24 PM
http://diskuszucht-stendker.de/plugins_en/pdfs/3.1_Futter-Dosierung_und_Auftauanleitung_en.pdf

This is what they advice:

Feed Dosage using STENDKER-Good Heart
Please split the following feed amounts into 2 – 3 feeds per day and be certain to defrost the feed before feeding.
(The evening before feeding, place the daily amount of feed in your refrigerator in a plastic container with a well-sealing lid, to defrost it
gradually so that the feed will retain a firm consistency!)
For 10 discus fish with a size of:
- 6.5 to 12 cm (2,5”-45”) you will need approx. ½ to 1 blister (2.5 to 5 g / 0,1 to 0,2 oz)
per meal, which corresponds to 7.5 to 15 g / 0,25 – 0,5 oz per day.
- 12 to 18 cm, (5”-7”) you will need approx. 1 to 1 ½ blisters (5 to 7.5 g / 0,2 - 0,3 oz) per
meal, which corresponds to 15 to 22.5 g / 0,5-0,75 oz, per day.
TIP: Using gardening pruners/ secateurs, you can easily cut the required feed amount from the frozen 500 g / 17,64 oz feed slabs. You
can also cut the feed into small portions.
When our frozen feed is defrosted, it will keep for approx. 2 – 3 days in your fridge. Do not defrost the feed in a kitchen
strainer under running water, as this will wash out important vitamins.
Please be absolutely certain to defrost frozen feed before feeding! Discus like feed which is hard in texture and may lose their
appetite, if they bite into frozen feed. In addition, feed which is still frozen has been known to cause inflammations of the air
bladder or inflammations of the intestine in some discus fish.
Depending on the size of your aquarium and the number of fish, it can be helpful to feed in 2 – 3 separate feeding locations, as
this gives the weaker fish in your group a good chance to feed too. The defrosted feed can easily be split into smaller portions
using a knife or spoon, which you can also use for feeding. Our discus fish and other companion fish eat our feed very
quickly and eagerly.
Please take out rest of food after 10 minutes.

Best regards,

Hans

For a lot of good info visit: http://www.diskuszucht-stendker.de/en/Wissenswertes/

4discusdude
04-26-2014, 09:28 PM
About to place my order. Just wait for han to reply. Hope my discus like it.

musicmarn1
04-26-2014, 09:46 PM
make them like it LOL *jk* i just wish id been tougher sooner, to get them on it, the exception being really young fish i hated to tough it out but with my bigger guys no problem at all. ok so my dilemma is for the cost of shipping i can order some nice fish at the same shipping cost….hmm might have to get discus AND beef heart , oh the pain ! ;)

32Bit_Fish
04-26-2014, 10:23 PM
http://diskuszucht-stendker.de/plugins_en/pdfs/3.1_Futter-Dosierung_und_Auftauanleitung_en.pdf

This is what they advice:

Feed Dosage using STENDKER-Good Heart
Please split the following feed amounts into 2 – 3 feeds per day and be certain to defrost the feed before feeding.
(The evening before feeding, place the daily amount of feed in your refrigerator in a plastic container with a well-sealing lid, to defrost it
gradually so that the feed will retain a firm consistency!)
For 10 discus fish with a size of:
- 6.5 to 12 cm (2,5”-45”) you will need approx. ½ to 1 blister (2.5 to 5 g / 0,1 to 0,2 oz)
per meal, which corresponds to 7.5 to 15 g / 0,25 – 0,5 oz per day.
- 12 to 18 cm, (5”-7”) you will need approx. 1 to 1 ½ blisters (5 to 7.5 g / 0,2 - 0,3 oz) per
meal, which corresponds to 15 to 22.5 g / 0,5-0,75 oz, per day.
TIP: Using gardening pruners/ secateurs, you can easily cut the required feed amount from the frozen 500 g / 17,64 oz feed slabs. You
can also cut the feed into small portions.
When our frozen feed is defrosted, it will keep for approx. 2 – 3 days in your fridge. Do not defrost the feed in a kitchen
strainer under running water, as this will wash out important vitamins.
Please be absolutely certain to defrost frozen feed before feeding! Discus like feed which is hard in texture and may lose their
appetite, if they bite into frozen feed. In addition, feed which is still frozen has been known to cause inflammations of the air
bladder or inflammations of the intestine in some discus fish.
Depending on the size of your aquarium and the number of fish, it can be helpful to feed in 2 – 3 separate feeding locations, as
this gives the weaker fish in your group a good chance to feed too. The defrosted feed can easily be split into smaller portions
using a knife or spoon, which you can also use for feeding. Our discus fish and other companion fish eat our feed very
quickly and eagerly.
Please take out rest of food after 10 minutes.

Best regards,

Hans

For a lot of good info visit: http://www.diskuszucht-stendker.de/en/Wissenswertes/

Thanks. I don't think I have been feeding that much more per meal comparing to Stendker feeding guideline. I just feed couple more times a day.

Discus-Hans
04-26-2014, 10:37 PM
okay, than keep on doing what you are doing. I did my best,

Hans

100fuegos
04-27-2014, 06:43 AM
okay, than keep on doing what you are doing. I did my best,

Hans

Ha I thought the same thing

Enviado desde mi SM-T310 mediante Tapatalk

ronald sherman
04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
know hen's I actually spoke with you and think you were busy and gave me a very rouch est guess and you properly est on the high side was wondering more of a close est as being on SSD, thought on this site you could of sent me a private message thx's you told me too how too order you would send me a code buy properly being as sick as I am, properly due too such strong medication I take I didn't understand as everyone in my family is taking a bit, too see who dies first me or my discus, hopefully most will lose the bet as I understand they are giving 2 too 1 odd's on the discus out living me , lol

discus rookie
04-28-2014, 12:45 AM
Thanks. I don't think I have been feeding that much more per meal comparing to Stendker feeding guideline. I just feed couple more times a day.
They recommended 2-3 times a day and you are feeding 10 times a day.