PDA

View Full Version : Juvies really skittish now!

Ducati
04-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Took deliver of 5 juvies (~3"+) and they are currently in a grow-out BB tank. I have been doing 75% daily water changes until day 5 when I did 100% water change. Since then, they have been crazy skittish. I mean, ricocheting inside the tank at the very presence of anyone near the tank. Anyway to calm them down a bit?

musicmarn1
04-24-2014, 07:58 PM
is the tank cycled? did you turn lights off and leave them quiet for a while? usually that level of skittish means water is not right and or the lights are too bright and there is too much commotion. however the source you got them from should be able to answer this and i would say check your water for ammonia , nitrite and nitrate. usually there is something making them feel horrible, BUT if its not that then lights off for three days and keeping it quiet , even covering one half of the tank with a towel. until they adjust but normally they should not be this shy ! were they TREATED by the supplier for any worms, problems etc?

again i will say that people knowing far more than me may come along and give much better answers, but i have received about 30 young discus in the last 14 months LOL so im pretty darn used to getting discus and that is not normal, shy yes that shy no