PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia oxidizing bacteria... a new product!

brewmaster15
05-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Hi all,
I honestly have no idea where to share this but thought this section would be good.

I was driving home a few minutes ago and listening to a talk show where they had a discussion about over washing and good bacteria etc.. One of the focuses was on a product being developed thats a spray on bacteria.. Its basically water and safe live cultured Nitrosomonas bacteria that live off the ammonia. I guess the human bodys sweat and body odor is to an extent caused by excreted ammonia and urea wastes.. This bacterial spray consumes the ammonias and oxidizes. The result is less odor and a lowering of the skins pH from the nitrogen cycle/

The company is...https://www.aobiome.com/faq

So as I am listening, I get that deja vu feeling...Hey this sounds aweful familar to our biofilters. Makes me wonder if the guy that came up with this product was a fish keeper.

Hey I guess this means that if you ever run out of deodorant you can just reach into that fish tank, grab your biofilter sponge and slather it on. heck with the biofiltration we keep, I bet it works better than the small amounts of bacteria that they have in that spray .:bandana::bandana::bandana::bandana:

Not that I am advising it, but I just thought that some of you would find the info interesting.

-al